Thanks Mr. Field

Tracey

Just a note of thanks. I installed the relocation kit and it works great for me.

Good service too....

I was concerned about any movement to the rear with the pegs but as it turns out its better. Most noticable a stop lights because my legs are clear of the pegs.

Thanks again... :mg:

Hi,

Did you have to relocate the controls after the pegs were moved? Or did they work fine? Could you tell me what size boots you wear. I'm seriously considering the kit but have fairly short feet (size 9 boots) and am afraid that I'll have to move the controls. :nerd:

Regards,

-ken

Hi,

Did you have to relocate the controls after the pegs were moved?  Or did they work fine?  Could you tell me what size boots you wear.  I'm seriously considering the kit but have fairly short feet (size 9 boots) and am afraid that I'll have to move the controls.  :nerd:

Regards,

-ken

75563[/snapback]

I did not relocate the foot levers. I wear a size 9 1/2 boot. The gear shift is a bit of a reach but not a big problem for me. The price is low enough, give them a try, you can always take them off because no special holes are required. I did need to make a spacer for the brake lever. The new bushing is a little to long and allows the lever some movement side to side. My redneck mechanical abilities allowed me to use a dremell tool to enlarge the inside of a flat washer. I can reach the gear shift with my foot locked on the peg (heal against back of peg). Its hard to feel the lever that way. If my heal is on top of the peg a good solid lever is felt.

Hope this helps

Tracey

Truly, I love to be of help. I love Guzzis and want to see people enjoy their bikes. If I did that for you. it is very gratifying to hear of it.

I myself have fat, hobit feet, of US size 10.5. The kit works perfectly for me. It might be a stretch for those of smaller feet.

Truly, I love to be of help. I love Guzzis and want to see people enjoy their bikes. If I did that for you. it is very gratifying to hear of it.

I myself have fat, hobit feet, of US size 10.5. The kit works perfectly for me. It might be a stretch for those of smaller feet.

75695[/snapback]

He's also about ten feet tall, skinny as a rake and rides the fastest Eldo in the west! The man's a freak! Always wash your hands after talking to him or you'll end up with a horrible disease! :grin:

Pete

Hi,

Did you have to relocate the controls after the pegs were moved?  Or did they work fine?  Could you tell me what size boots you wear.  I'm seriously considering the kit but have fairly short feet (size 9 boots) and am afraid that I'll have to move the controls.  :nerd:

Regards,

-ken

75563[/snapback]

Hey Ken, you can remove the bolt that mounts the left side peg and mount it in the more rear set bolt hole where the evoluzione kit mounts it then go for a test ride and see how the shifter placement is for you, before you buy the kit . Thats what I did and it was fine for me ,but I have size 11 clod hoppers. I rode about 100 miles with the left peg lowered and the right in the stock position, just to check it out. actually when I put it back in the stock hole ,it felt wierd! I just ordered the kit from Moto International today,(nice folks there). Im pretty sure Im going to like this mod just fine,as my knees are too old to be so scrunched up. BTW I also put cbr 600 pegs on my bike ,to reduce the vibration,and they are real comfy as well.

Hi,

Regards,

-ken

75563[/snapback]

My V11 has had the relocation kit for 2 yrs now. A real knee saver, I must admit that even with my size 12's, it's a bit of a reach, but well worth the issue to save the ol' knees. The biggest negative effect I can mention is they will contribute largely to your riding boots getting ground off on the outsides. I'm thinking of doing a "Bayliss" and fitting titanium or some kind of metal to entertain the lads behind me, and save the boots from yearly rebuild. I'll have to be carefull going through the desert in the summer, or I'll catch the scrub on fire.

Ciao, Steve G.

My V11 has had the relocation kit for 2 yrs now. A real knee saver, I must admit that even with my size 12's, it's a bit of a reach, but well worth the issue to save the ol' knees. The biggest negative effect I can mention is they will contribute largely to your riding boots getting ground off on the outsides. I'm thinking of doing a "Bayliss" and fitting titanium or some kind of metal to entertain the lads behind me, and save the boots from yearly rebuild. I'll have to be carefull going through the desert in the summer, or I'll catch the scrub on fire.

Ciao, Steve G.

75707[/snapback]

Steve, the shifter is ok to me , it hits my foot around the first joint of my great toe on upshifts,and i can live with that. how is the position of the brake pedal for you? Rick.

Steve, the shifter is ok to me , it hits my foot around the first joint of my great toe on upshifts,and i can live with that. how is the position of the brake pedal for you? Rick.

75721[/snapback]

The brake pedal position works fine, but because it is situated about an inch further away from the centre line of the machine, it is probably responsible for my right boot getting ground down worse than the left side. As well, the footrest is now getting bevelled, which is ok for me considering it used to be a hard part [muffler].

Ciao, Steve G.

The brake pedal position works fine, but because it is situated about an inch further away from the centre line of the machine, it is probably responsible for my right boot getting ground down worse than the left side. As well, the footrest is now getting bevelled, which is ok for me considering it used to be a hard part [muffler].

Ciao, Steve G.

75733[/snapback]

You are a much more aggressive rider than me, :notworthy: Steve. I don think I will be grinding down my boots( new balance tennis shoes) The roads around my neck of the woods are all chip seal,and very dirty. cant find a place to lean the goose as much as yours! :bike:

As smaller footed rider( size 8) , as much as I would love the relocation kit on my new pride and joy(Coppa, recently acquired from MI, my favorite Guzzi shop on the planet), putting the shifter further away makes it even harder to shift and unless an alternative comes up to move back toward the footpeg,its a'"deal with it" thing for now....although the Ducati ST4 rubber foot rests do help a bunch with the cushioning ...Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

I just added this kit to both V11s, and while the brake pedal is acceptable, the shift lever is just too high up for comfort. I have to lift my size 12 foot off the peg to shift up and down.

What we need here for the brake side is a shorter shaft into the brake cylinder, and a larger stop/bump for the actual brake lever. On the shifter side, I'm not sure what to do. The lever comes too close to the porkchop to adjust it much. Maybe some sort of way to put an adjustable foot tip on the end of the shift lever.

I think it may be time to go out to the garage and do some designing/machining!

Ditto. I did modify the angle of the brake pedal by shortening the push rod about 1/4 inch and adapted a wider brake pedal stop (a mounting end piece from a pre crashed Napoleon bar end mirror worked great).Now I am also trying to find a way to shorten the shifter pedal 1/2 inch back...Cheers

He's also about ten feet tall, skinny as a rake and rides the fastest Eldo in the west! The man's a freak! Always wash your hands after talking to him or you'll end up with a horrible disease! :grin:

Pete

75700[/snapback]

The phrase "pot calling the kettle..." comes to mind. :D