Welsh Waltz II

Orson

:thumbsup:  at least you should have enough tread on that rear. How's the front?

Will you be logging on before I leave ?

83009[/snapback]

I'll try to log on before you leave...won't promise anything

If you want to make a later start that's fine...just drop a note.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sunny and dry

lucky buggers!

83155[/snapback]

Just what I was thinking as I rode into work this morning, under a blue sky. It's still quite cold, but a very nice looking day.

L.bs!

Woke well before the alarm clock this morning so up and left at 0545. The dawn had broken but the cars and my Guzzi had a layer of Ice on them. As a concession to the cold I decided to wear my one piece "Aqua Pack" water proofs over my normal Fabric Two piece, and instead of just a t shirt I added a rugby top.

I had to stop for fuel after 50 miles and then I needed to stop at Telford after a further 80. I took this opertunity for a coffee and warm aswell as topping up the fuel. I had time in hand as only just turned 0800 so took a 20 minute break.

Arrived at the Ponderosa at 0930, more warming Coffee required. A touch of snow still on the ground. Decided not to swap out the exhaust brackets as was only rubbing against the swing arm a little -_-

220306WelshWaltz001.jpg

Will arrived first and then Keith. First things first breakfast. Then poor over the map deciding where to go. Decide on a route but claim “it doesn’t really matter”

Well at the first junction the route goes out the window and we retrace part of the Welsh Waltz I, it was a good route. Stop for a photo opportunity with Snowdon in the background

220306WelshWaltz003.jpg

The route doesn’t last contact with the second junction after lunch. But we do go past one of this years RBR landmarks on the freestyle route.

Do a little run down the side of a lake. Keith just buggers off into the distance. The V11 spins up a bit quicker but he corners that much harder than I so string a few together and I lose contact. At least he didn’t come past me on the outside waving this time.

220306WelshWaltz016.jpg

Keith and Will have a little swap

220306WelshWaltz017.jpg

Back to Keiths for a cup of tea. Before I go he has a look at my exhausts and shims out the can to crossover junctions. Nice and firm now hope that will cure my snapping brackets.

Back home at 2205hrs a total of 517 miles of which the waltzing was the best part of 200

welshwaltz_2.JPG