OK, fess up.....

sctt2525

Unseasonably warm (70 Sun.) weather here in East Tennessee brought me out of hibernation; and got my arse on the Ballabio. I naturally gravitated towards Deal's Gap (129), and noticed on the ride up that every so often there was a sign post with only a tiny sign with the word south on it. These are supposed to contain larger signs just below that read "129", but it seems someone (likely one of you limey sportbike ridin' fuhriners) has stolen the "129" (I counted at least 12) to keep as souveniers.

Please return these to me and I will put them in their proper place (my ebay) :grin:

Regards

S

Treachery is the norm in the Appalachians. We're just tryin' to keep pace with the Scots and Irish. Sure , we won the War but just can't quit the fight.

Look for a V11 gathering inthe TN-NC mountains in late July. Two years ago there were four of us ( not counting the foxy redneck girl hauled off in the patrol car, er, but that's another story . . . ). :o

Docc,

Be sure and let me know when that is, I'd like to be there.

You can tell me that story over a beer or three.

The signs missing HAD to be the work of outsiders- the hillbillies around here only shoot at them!

S

I think this girl was everybody's ex. When we agreed to hole up at the Super8 in Athens, TN, no one knew party animals from miles around congregated there on weekends.

The spectacle made us seem so staid and proper.

I think this girl was everybody's ex. When we agreed to hole up at the Super8 in Athens, TN, no one knew party animals from miles around congregated there on weekends.

The spectacle made us seem so staid and proper.

76876[/snapback]

Guzzi riders staid and proper???

what, you didn't rev up a couple of times and send the H.D. riders scurrying for straight roads and a "tough guy bar" with lotsa leather to hide in?

no squids shuffling their feet and looking down at their bikes making excuses about the jets being wrong for the altitude and tires worn rite passed their prime?

:glare: , mmmmm, at least there was the town bike, aka bimbo :grin:

:bier:

Cheers

van

We did have to restrain Bill Hagan to preserve our proper image. After a few grappa he was trying to convince us 'Ballabio' is Italian for 'burnout.' :drink::rolleyes:

Maybe the signs are wallpaper at the Garage Majalo?

We did have to restrain Bill Hagan to preserve our proper image. After a few grappa he was trying to convince us 'Ballabio' is Italian for 'burnout.' :drink:  :rolleyes:

76937[/snapback]

... or perhaps 129 is Italian for 69?

Unseasonably warm (70 Sun.) weather here in East Tennessee brought me out of hibernation; and got my arse on the Ballabio. I naturally gravitated towards Deal's Gap (129), and noticed on the ride up that every so often there was a sign post with only a tiny sign with the word south on it. These are supposed to contain larger signs just below that read "129", but it seems someone (likely one of you limey sportbike ridin' fuhriners) has stolen the "129" (I counted at least 12) to keep as souveniers.

Please return these to me and I will put them in their proper place (my ebay) :grin:

Regards

S

76532[/snapback]

maybe we need to get Chuck Norris on the case. If anyone can find those signs Chuck can!!

Young Chuck Norris!

We did have to restrain Bill Hagan to preserve our proper image. After a few grappa he was trying to convince us 'Ballabio' is Italian for 'burnout.' :drink:  :rolleyes:

76937[/snapback]

I don't know what you are talking about. :huh2: Possibly because the Tennessee statute of limitations for certain felonies hasn't run yet. :whistle:

Anyway, I have added a bit to my grappa collection, and will have even more after our trip to Italy in June. Should make for a memorable time this summer at your gathering ... if we can remember it. :drink:

Seriously, very much looking forward to that run. Deals Gap may get the press and the crowds, but those lonesome twisties you led us on vic. Athens were as Theodore Winthrop described Mt. Rainier: "Grand! Grand! Grand!"

Bill

For those of you who would consider a weekend n The Tenni Sea mountains look ahead to July 21-23. We're gathering at the Best Western in Sweetwater, TN. Easy access from I75 betwen Chatanooga and Knoxville, good access to the mountains and they cater to motorcyclists ( better rate, clean up towels for the bike at check in and so forth.)

They DO NOT provide drunken redneck foxes. You'll either have to stay down in Athens at the Super8 or BYO. B)