Ghezzi Brian stolen

pete roper

I am the importer for Ghezzi - Brian and received a phone call today that a Ghezzi Brian Supertwin was stolen yesterday in Southern California. This bike was a one of a kind Supertwin with Gold OZ wheels, blue body, red frame and an underslung exhaust system. If anyone sees a Ghezzi for sale, please send me any info to my e-mail at ratdog@centurytel.net. Since there are less than 30 Ghezzi Brians in the country, this bike should be difficult to hide.

Thanks for all of your help

Keep yer eyes peeled blokes, one of these should be bloody difficult to wreck out without someone getting a heads-up and then the lowlife can be given a kicking :bbblll:

Pete

This is a email from Michael Sturtz who's Ghezzi Brian was stolen.

Please read and keep your eyes out for parts or the bike. I added a picture of his bike.

Thanks,

Mike

s_Ghezzi.jpg

On January 29th, Oakland, CA.

I rode my Ghezzi-Brian home around midnight and put her undercover in

my car port. And it was gone in the morning by 10 am.

(I suspect that someone had scoped it out and came for it with a truck

and some people to lift it up, since the steering lock was on)

I have no hope that the Oakland Police will recover it.

My only hope is that someone will spot it when it reappears at a shop,

on e-bay, CL as parts or something.

So I am spreading the net as far and wide as I can, please help me. I

this was my ultimate bike, and I had just finished reworking it, it

was near perfection.

Attached are some pictures of it.

Here are some specs:

2003 Ghezzi-Brian Folgore Super Twin

Texas plate: 3AU5650

Vin#: ZA9STW000P1G54028

The speedo has about 4400 kilometers on it.

There are only about 30 Ghezzi-Brian bikes in the US and 200 world

wide, and there about 18 Super Twins in the US.

Ghezzi-Brian has just stopped production and may not produce another

bike.

Here are some things that make mine distinctive or easy to spot:

Wheels: It has the gold OZ wheels instead of the stock black cast.

Exhaust: It has the "boom box" racing style exhaust instead of the

under the seat twin cans.

Frame: Red, but I cut out the stock tail pipe support under the tail

section.

Color: It looks black like most Ghezzi-Brians, but I repainted it with

a gold metal flake in the paint. in the the sun light it look like a

metallic root-beer color.

The bike was originally metallic blue so any chips may show the

blue under the black.

Shock: All Ghezzi-Brian Folgore models have a gold Ohlin rear shock,

mine does not, it is a silver Italian make.

Markings: The Ghezzi-Brian decals are silver, most are usually red on

black. It also has no decals on the tail section. which is not stock.

Other: The Moto Guzzi on the value covers has been painted in in red,

it also has red plug wires.

Condition: The bike is almost flawless with new paint and all.

It is missing the center cap on the top of the triple clam and I had

cut a circular pice of carbon fiber as a temporary cover. (not in

picture)

The right hand mirror had a large wood screw holding it on instead of

the bold and it was coming through the outside of the mirror plastic.

I had ground it down and put a black circular sticker over it. The

new mirror now all i left of the bike.

I am offering a significant reward for information that leads to its

recovery.

Ride safe and lock up your bike,

Thanks,

Michael 510-409-4400

This is stunning news.

Their very rarity makes Guzzis almost immune from theft--and, yet, here it has happened. It is impossible that any Guzzi owner would ever consider buying this bike (or the parts off it) without being suspicious. Right?...

Has the owner contacted Frank at the newsletter? It shouldn't be hard to spread the news to the Guzzi owners who could keep an eye out for this bike.

Just to correct the color of the bike, it was blue and has been repainted black with a slight metal flake in it by the current owner.

Mike

I am the importer for Ghezzi - Brian and received a phone call today that a Ghezzi Brian Supertwin was stolen yesterday in Southern California. This bike was a one of a kind Supertwin with Gold OZ wheels, blue body, red frame and an underslung exhaust system. If anyone sees a Ghezzi for sale, please send me any info to my e-mail at ratdog@centurytel.net. Since there are less than 30 Ghezzi Brians in the country, this bike should be difficult to hide.

Keep yer eyes peeled blokes, one of these should be bloody difficult to wreck out without someone getting a heads-up and then the lowlife can be given a kicking :bbblll:

Pete

76533[/snapback]

Guest pugison

Hey there,

I'm Michael and I am the one who had his Ghezzi-Brian stolen. Thanks for all the support and everyone looking out for my ride.

One correction: the bike was stolen out of Oakland, Ca just arcross the bay from SF.

If anyone sees or hears anything you can contact me at michael@thecrucible.org or 510-409-4400.

thanks,

Michael

Pete

76533[/snapback]

Hey there,

I'm Michael and I am the one who had his Ghezzi-Brian stolen.  Thanks for all the support and everyone looking out for my ride.

One correction:  the bike was stolen out of Oakland, Ca just arcross the bay from SF.

If anyone sees or hears anything you can contact me at michael@thecrucible.org or 510-409-4400.

thanks,

Michael

76569[/snapback]

Michael, Im willing to bet that the pieces of dung who stole it didnt know what the hell it was. I will keep my eyes peeled. where I live (9 blocks from the Mexican border) any bike stolen goes right to Mexico. There they usually trade it for dope, or sell it real cheap to some dickwad that usually just runs the shit out of it till it breaks, then just dumps it in a backyard somewhere. alot of metric cruisers are stolen here, and a ton of quads. Im mexico they like banshees( bencheese) and shadows ( chados) Its disgusting! :angry:

That's such a beautiful bike!

I live in extreme northern CA and will keep my eyes peeled for it. I'm not optimistic though. I too suspect the perp's will head south and probably carry it in an enclosed trailer or van. I think your best hope is that they are merely fools, not realize what they have and try to sell or ride it there locally. They are toast if they do.