coppa flyscreen

Guest davindav

Guest davindav

Hello,

I just purchased a new Coppa Italia and wonder if it's possible to mount the flyscreen and/or headlight so that it doesn't stick out so far and turns with the handlebars (like the older models)? Is this an expensive mod?

Also, does anyone make a taller screen portion for the Coppa flyscreen?

Thanks,

David

I have a '04 Ballabio and want to do the same thing. Greg Field from MI in Seattle is in the process of doing just that, so I'm waiting for him to give a write-up on specific parts he needed and cost.

It can definitely be done though. The main parts you need are sport style instrument bracket, and headlight/fairing brackets. There's a few other ones as well.

Stay tuned, and help me keep bugging Greg about it until he finishes up and tells us how it turned out. :food:

Hello,

I just purchased a new Coppa Italia and wonder if it's possible to mount the flyscreen and/or headlight so that it doesn't stick out so far and turns with the handlebars (like the older models)?  Is this an expensive mod?

Thanks,

David

76630[/snapback]

I have a '04 Ballabio and want to do the same thing.  Greg Field from MI in Seattle is in the process of doing just that, so I'm waiting for him to give a write-up on specific parts he needed and cost.

It can definitely be done though.  The main parts you need are sport style instrument bracket, and headlight/fairing brackets.  There's a few other ones as well.

Stay tuned, and help me keep bugging Greg about it until he finishes up and tells us how it turned out.    :food:

76687[/snapback]

I got a bunch of the parts today. I'll be out there at 0400 hrs. to see what's all involved. I still think it won't be too bad.

One other thing: I bought the mounts for the normal V11 S fairing. I shoulda bought the mounts for the Scura fairing. Why? Well the normal V11s fairing is drilled for mounts to the fairing bracket, whereas the Scura brackets attach to two of the mounts for the windshield. As a result, I will have to drill a few holes in my takeoff Coppa fairing or get the other mounts. Being a cheap bastard, I'll prob'ly pull out the drill . . .

OK, I mocked up the instruments this morning. If you have a complete b-bob setup, looks like you need four things from a V11 Sport: the two headlight mounts, the support for the instrument plate, and the instrument plate itself.

All the rubber isolation mounts and most of the hardware can be plucked from your Billy Bob. In addition, I needed eight 6x25 cap screws, plus three stainles buttonhead 6x10 cap screws to fasten the instrument plate to the rubber isolators.

For the headlight, it looks like I'll need some spacers. I'll either get those from the Scura or make my own—most likely the latter.

May also need the spacer blocks used on V11S front turn signals.

More when I'm donw, which may be a few weeks 'cause I gotta pull off the whole front end to get the forks straightened.

• 1 month later...
Guest CarlCoppa
Hello,

I just purchased a new Coppa Italia and wonder if it's possible to mount the flyscreen and/or headlight so that it doesn't stick out so far and turns with the handlebars (like the older models)?  Is this an expensive mod?

Thanks,

David

76630[/snapback]

Hello Davinday,

I just read your message and as I am just about to order a new Coppa from my local dealer I would like you to explain; does the new model have a flyscreen/headlight that does not turn with the handlebar!!? I did not know that. Is the flyscreen then fixed to the body or fuel tank?

If this is the case I might reconsider my decision to order the new coppa.

Please if you could clear this for me.

While I can appreciate what benefits a taller screen may offer, what are the percieved benefits of firtsly the small fairing moving / not moving and secondly it actually being closer to the rider. Is it just a personal preference thing or are there benefits.

Just curious as I've not yet picked up the Ballabio that I've bought and I did not realise that the fairing was fixed (as it looks like the fairing on a Monster, I just assumed that it moved with the handlebars / headlight)...not that it matters much either way to me as I like the look of it.

The '04's have the front fairing attached to the frame. It sticks way out there compared to the older Sport Naked bikes with the Guzzi optional flyscreen and does not rotate with the triple tree. The Haven's are moding my new Cafe Sport to the old fairing configuration as well as returning the controls to the clip-on bars ala the Nero Corsa. I will be using the MPH bar risers and replacement clutch and brake lines for a bit more comfort. This will make the Cafe Sport into something like the original Scura should have been. Maybe not the way everyone else would like their Sport setup, but it is the way I want it.

Wick