Clutch Swap Time....Advice please?

Ballacraine

Well I don't really want to get THAT enthusiastic about it! ;)

...but if possible, I do like to cover all bases before I start a job.

Yet again....Thanks folks for this valuable info. :thumbsup:

Nige. B)

I suppose his tools are needed if you want to take the gearbox in pieces? And back again:-)

77503[/snapback]

as you know Paul you can always get around not having special tools but Rolf's really are very good and they make things so much easier!

Pete

• 1 month later...

Right, I now have the engine out.

Taken a skeet at it and decided to have a word with Rolf.

Don't want to damage anything by bodging it.

Emailed him yesterday.....

Hoping I may get a reply tomorrow.

Nige. B)

I have the replacement clutch inner body, which is deeper than the one fitted to the Scura gearbox mainshaft. Which at a pinch should be good enough to align the clutch plates.

I have the pushrod cup that you were kind enough to give me the number of.

I don't really have anything suitable to unfasten the nut to get the Scura clutch inner body off though.

Nige. :unsure:

...I don't really have anything suitable to unfasten the nut to get the Scura clutch inner body off though...

Do you mean the peg nut holding the clutch hub on (splined piece mounted to gearbox input shaft)? I have a piece of tube for Tonti/5 speed cut at end to give 4 pegs - it's v crude & doesn't fit great. Not sure if Scura/V11 uses same size or even if its a peg nut - probably be better to make one yourself but if it's same & you get stuck I can send it.

KB :sun:

PS Rolf's tool set looks great for anyone gonna be doing much with Guzzis. I hope to get a set sometime.

OK Flywheel off.

Bitch of a job getting the torx screws out. Luigi had them loctited in OK. Bust two adapters and got 5 of the buggers out. 6th one cried enough so I had to drill it out. :bbblll:

Flywheel mounting bolts two were a little less tight than I would have liked, but flywheel appears to be intact. I will get a friend to penetrant test to be sure.

Endeavours are still ongoing. Further reports later.

On a side issue. I have been running the works Scorpion xover and titanium cans for a little while now. Still haven't set up the PC3. Was running sweet, but looking at the plugs seems a little rich. See what difference modifying the airbox lid will make.

Again further reports later! ;)

Nige. :luigi:

Job sussed....

Just tipped the whole plot on its nose and Robert's yer Mother's Brother! :thumbsup:

Too simple innit! :rolleyes:

Ain't gravity a wonderful invention :blush:

I don't know how we managed before then! :homer:

Nige. B);)