Altbergs or daytonas

grossohc

oot on the bike this morning and my feet were freezing again, so im investing in a decent pair, Did asearch on here and ratchethack was looking for a pair with vents and not watterproof, well i need the opposite, as it is rarely that hot (keep this pair for hot days :grin: ). My local dealer has daytona m stars for £230 :o .But i was thinking of altbergs anybody here used these type of boots in wet/ cold conditions.

Gary :race:

I wear Altbergs- the only boots I have ever worn that are waterproof and the great thing is they are comfy enough to walk around in at rallys etc so you don't need to pack another pair of boots / shoes. I have been riding all winter in mine and my toes have stayed warm.

BandogAllWeather.jpg

Takes about 2 months on the waiting list to get them. Price £149.99.

Guy :helmet:

Check out the Oxtar Matrix or Infinity.

I have the Matrix (from newenough.com here in the States), and have been very pleased with their ability to keep my feet dry & comfortable.

:2c:

Phil

Atlanta GA

'02 Le Mans

I bought a pair of cold weather boots at Wal Mart recently for $20. The brand is Ozark Trail, they are very warm on the bike around town. I havent gotten to go for a good long ride with them yet but I will soon enough. That Thinsulate brand stuff is very good, I also have a $6 pair of Thinsulate gloves from Wal Mart that work great in the cold weather ride. I guess you can spend a lot of money if you like a particular look or brand name but you dont have to spend a lot of money just to stay warm. I'm no fan of Wal Mart but hey, thats where to go when you want cheap throw away stuff :D

oot on the bike this morning and my feet were freezing again, so im investing in a decent pair, Did asearch on here and ratchethack was looking for a pair with vents and not watterproof, well i need the opposite, as it is rarely that hot (keep this pair for hot days :grin: ). My local dealer has daytona m stars for £230 :o .But i was thinking of altbergs anybody here used these type of boots in wet/ cold conditions.

Gary :race:

78739[/snapback]

Among my many pair of motorcycle boots, I own a pair of Altberg Albion Classics. The old high top look, much like the old Gold Tops. 16"high, twin strap buckles on the heal, and single strap buckle on the top, with zipper on back. Goodyear Commando welt bottom. 110pound shipped/landed in western Canada, 7 yrs ago. I would not recommend these for wet conditions.

For wet conditions, I would recommend either Sidi, BMW[made by Sidi], or Style Martin. I've got BMW, and Alpine Stars [made by Gaerne]. The Stars are good, but the BMW are simply the best.

Of course, if you want dry, warm, and cheap, you have to go with Derry Boots.

Ciao, Steve G.

I have the Altberg Clubman Roadster, a year round boot , totaly water proof, no issue with cold though I only tend to shorter trips over the winter

clubmanRoadster.jpg

Mine were £100 at the BMF 2 years ago, from their stock at the show. a slight second though not noticeable just their high standards of workmanship.

I don't go for the lace up ones due to risk of laces getting caught etc

I'm a big fan of Cruiserworks boots. I wear the Sidezip, which cost about $225:

sidezipcallouts.gif

Indeed, I like 'em so much that I bought a second pair when the original owners were going to close the business (they didn't--instead, some Cruiserworks fans bought it and are continuing the business).

Warm in the winter (I ride down to about 30-33 degrees F), they also breathe in the summer...and are quite waterproof! Riding to the MGNOC National rally last May in the rain, I never felt my feet get wet.

I got Altbergs at their stand at the Scottish bike show a few years ago. The boots are hand finished and they will replace the sole for you if you ever wear them out. I've never had water in them and never had cold feet. Next Ingliston bike show in three weeks time!

I got Altbergs at their stand at the Scottish bike show a few years ago. The boots are hand finished and they will replace the sole for you if you ever wear them out. I've never had water in them and never had cold feet. Next Ingliston bike show in three weeks time!

78988[/snapback]

Just checked the mcn site and altberg are going to the show this year so will have alook at the boots there. As an aside my wife was reading this thread and said walmart owns asda :huh2: do they sell bike gear there (i dont get to go shopping with the wife, says im to grumpy). Thanks to everyone for there input.

Gary :thumbsup:

...trousers so no risk of snagging.

78784[/snapback]

– yeah, but that's just you. Those Altbergs would play havoc with Martin's fishnets when he does

the hokey cokey.

and altbergs are waterproof enough to make your coffee in 'em

scuraboots.jpg-thumb_269_202.jpg