4 tempi Guzzino

Guest aironepony

Guest aironepony

I have just run my Guzzino for the first time today after the re-build with the Azola 4T engine.

Very Crisp...most pleased too....

post-1243-1140280174_thumb.jpg

is it just me or is english grammar not very good grammar? huh noggy?

79199[/snapback]

It's idiomatic English, Ben. Similarly, you might say "ole dawg shore looks purdy, tonight".......!

But perhaps I shouldn't interfere: Nogbad is officially the arbiter of good English, I've noticed. Has a university degree in it, I shouldn't wonder. Moreover, he's told me off before for wandering into threads where I didn't belong!

I have just run my Guzzino for the first time today after the re-build with the Azola 4T engine.

Very Crisp...most pleased too....

Finished1.jpg

79194[/snapback]

Proper job! What capacity is the engine? I take it that this model usually had a 2T engine.

Come on now chaps. There are plenty of other scrappy threads available in which to criticise each other. This one should be kept pure, dedicated to Airone's bike restoration skills.

Come on now chaps. There are plenty of other scrappy threads available in which to criticise each other. This one should be kept pure, dedicated to Airone's bike restoration skills.

79207[/snapback]

Which are considerable, quite clearly, and no argument about that!

No offence intended to anyone, truly!

Guest aironepony
A fine gentlemans' touring cycle,sir. Would you care to impart a few details?

79252[/snapback]

Delighted!

It is a 1949 Motoleggera 65 (Guzzino) and it has a 73cc 4T engine in place of the 65cc 2T that was the factory original. The 4T version was produced in small numbers by a firm in Bergamo as either a conversion kit or as a complete converted engine. This engine was designed by Edgidio Azzola in the late 1940's. The Italians were keen proponents of sporterised Guzzinos and rallied and raced them!

The suspension is modified with contemporary (1948/50) after market goodies to give dampened front and rear forks. These items are quite difficult to come by these days, so I was fortunate to find the stuff at the autojumble in Reggio Emilia last year.

There are very few examples of this particular arrangement, so it consistutes a fairly rare example.

The power output is hiked up to 3.5 bhp, enough when you look at the size of the brakes.

The "silencer" was designed by scaling from photgraphs of an original machine fitted with this engine and was quite rightly described in the accompanying literature as making a "tromba terrible". It truly makes a very crisp snorting rasp!

............ :thumbsup: