slaap kindje slaap....

Antonio, I organised the V11 meeting in 2004, but I don't have that much free time anymore, because my little company is booming... If someone else takes the lead, I'll be happy to help out.

Maybe we can get together on a saturday or sunday? Just for a ride and a meal? Could be fun!

Guy, I love England. The food isn't that great, but.........the road is good and the landscape too. UK is and stays and Island. I have to take the boat and that cost me too much. I know the boat is now cheaper than it was, but comparing it with some nice ride here in the Continent, I would save the money for a better goal.

Let say, I will think about it......... <_>

Antonio

Guy, I love England. The food isn't that great, but.........the road is good and the landscape too. UK is and stays and Island. I have to take the boat and that cost me too much. I know the boat is now cheaper than it was, but comparing it with some nice ride here in the Continent, I would save the money for a better goal.

Let say, I will think about it......... <_>

Antonio

79986[/snapback]

The food isn't too good I thought you Dutch guys loved chips, although we don't serve ours with mayo. You may also occasionally find pancakes.

In the UK it depends on where you go- if you go to a crappy fast food outlet like MacDonalds, Burger King or Pizza Hut then you will be getting mass produced food.

There are many good restaurants around these days and the standard of English food has increased over the years. Nowhere near as good yet as French standards though- even many of the roadside cafes sell good food in France whereas that sort of thing over here is generally awful.

There is a large Asian population here so there are several good curry houses and many of the country pubs sell good food.

In the Netherlands I enjoyed the Uitsmijter- hope I spelt it correctly!!

Guy :helmet:

In the UK it depends on where you go- if you go to a crappy fast food outlet like MacDonalds, Burger King or Pizza Hut then you will be getting mass produced food.

How odd. We have that same crappy food in the USA too...

The food isn't too good I thought you Dutch guys loved chips, although we don't serve ours with mayo.

80012[/snapback]

i would like to take this opportunity to thanx Jaap for his most excellent work and dedication on doing a worldwide V11 forum: I don't think i could have experience anywhere else brits engaging in a gastronomic discussion with dutch ppl ;)

now that i've seen it all i can rest assured the world will survive global warming :)

• 1 month later...

''what'' youv'e got our restaurants in yorkshire...wow and we're such a small country.

There are many good restaurants around these days and the standard of English food has increased over the years. Nowhere near as good yet as French standards though- even many of the roadside cafes sell good food in France whereas that sort of thing over here is generally awful.

There is a large Asian population here so there are several good curry houses and many of the country pubs sell good food.

In the Netherlands I enjoyed the Uitsmijter- hope I spelt it correctly!!

Guy  :helmet:

80016[/snapback]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Nogbad
Could it be something to do with these all being US companies, and GB being the unnamed US state!

80037[/snapback]

Sigh. Many a true word is spoken in jest.......... :unsure: