Film Star help needed

belfastguzzi

Guest aironepony

Belfast Film Festival 2005

Two short weeks after last years Belfast Film Festival our offices were burned to the ground as a result of the fires which decimated Belfast's historic North Street Arcade.

The base and entire history of the Belfast Film Festival was lost. Since the fire our year has been characterised by offers of generous support from throughout the city, and by a strength of spirit and determination from the team which would not be out of place in the storyline of a big screen epic starring BFG!

................................ :thumbsup: problem solved.....?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

""When you get that break, you take it right? Right. But when you get that break, and your reach the top, savor it, take it all in. And let 'em suck your @#$$#! while you tell them how wrong they were for not believing you in the first place. Then get out. Quit. Exit. Be sure to leave them wondering"

--Ben McGewen

Stark Raving Mad

""When you get that break, you take it right? Right. But when you get that break, and your reach the top, savor it, take it all in. And let 'em suck your @#$$#! while you tell them how wrong they were for not believing you in the first place. Then get out. Quit. Exit. Be sure to leave them wondering"

--Ben McGewen

Stark Raving Mad

81794[/snapback]

""When you get that BMW, you take it right? Right. But when you get that break, and your reach the top, savor it, take it all in. And let 'em suck your KTMs! while you tell them how wrong they were for not believing you in the first place. Then get out. Quit. Exit. Be sure to leave them wondering"

--McGewen McGregor

(You have to have seen/read The Long Way Round to get that.)

Guest aironepony

BFG the Movie

When orphan Sophie is snatched from her bed by a Giant, she fears that he's going to eat her. But although he carries her far away to Giant Country, the Giant has no intention of harming her.

As he explains, in his unique way of talking, "I is the only nice and jumbly Giant in Giant Country! I is THE BIG FRIENDLY GIANT! I is the BFG."

The BFG tells Sophie how he mixes up dreams to blow through a trumpet into the rooms of sleeping children. But soon, all the BFG's powers are put to the test as he and Sophie battle to stop the other Giants from tucking into the children of the world. The RAF and even the Queen become involved in the mission. [from roalddahl.com]

post-1243-1142176978_thumb.jpg

post-1243-1142177023_thumb.jpg

.............................. :thumbsup:

OK Folks

I'm running out of time on this as I've gotta do it tonight. I was taken by the head of Alfred Garcia and a few other things, but I'm gonna stick with the Easy Rider theme, for better or worse. It's gonna be 'Ulster Rider' though. 'A man looking for Assembly and couldn't find it anywhere'. Resident politician,Nogbad, might get the significance of that.

At least that's a bit more realistic than the original strapline, 'A man looking for America and couldn't find it anywhere". Well really, I know Cullybacky is hard to find, but America...?

Generally it finds you, like it or not.

Did you know Hagrid in his real life is an ex motorcyclist and collects Yank cars. He likes to tinker with his spanners.

81912[/snapback]

Robbie Coltrane has also done a series on old, big and strange machinery (Trains, Planes and Automobiles?), that ran on BBC Prime (I think) a couple of years ago. Apparently he likes it old and big. Not difficult to understand when you see the size of him.

Robbie Coltrane has also done a series on old, big and strange machinery (Trains, Planes and Automobiles?), that ran on BBC Prime (I think) a couple of years ago. Apparently he likes it old and big. Not difficult to understand when you see the size of him.

81970[/snapback]

Best bit of that was the Cold War air raid siren, powered by a Chevrolet V8. Which they started up. In a garage.....