Rev limit of V11 Sport?

guzzijack

When does the rev limiter cut in on the stock V11 Sport engine?

Reason for asking is that I'll be running the V11S engine in my LM 1000 with carbs instead of the EFI system and I'm just about to order an inductive rev counter and need to know the dial range.

Graham

Guest jasper

when i had mine on the dyno the revlimiter was set at a standard 8250 we changed it to 8750 if i remember correctly Since there was some power left it sort of made sense..

never hit the ref limiter after that so it sort of worked!

Ciao

jasper

when i had mine on the dyno the revlimiter was set at a standard 8250 we changed it to 8750 if i remember correctly

81733[/snapback]

How did you change it? What sytem are you using - the FIM flash map, Cliff's MY15M or some other system?

I hope your connecting rods don't mind.

Guest jasper

I am not sure which software was used if you want to know i can ask? Both injection curve and timing curve were altered by flashing the ECU. AFter a couple of runs the dyno guy asked if i wanted to change the revlimiter since there was some power left. That's what we did! i just to run into the limiter every now and again after that it didn't really happen anymore so i don't think it is going to be a problem!

Ciao

jasper

When does the rev limiter cut in on the stock V11 Sport engine?

Reason for asking is that I'll be running the V11S engine in my LM 1000 with carbs instead of the EFI system and I'm just about to order an inductive rev counter and need to know the dial range.

Graham

81725[/snapback]

Hi,

I've set it back on 7.850rpm ==> av. piston speed ~ 21m/s

8.750rpm ==> av piston speed ~ 23.3m/s

I think for a V11 8.750rpm is rather high for standart equipment like valve springs and piston.

Lex V

Guest jasper

IF i remember correctly antonio, you reflimiter was set at 8749 cause you tend to ride like a hooligan on your :mg: and that 1 rpm could save your valves from

bending......

Mine, being a scura, was set at 8750 ............. scura's like hooligans :grin::grin:

Ciao

jasper

No, it means "there is alway someone who knows better, or who is doing better than you"

:luigi:

the same thing then :grin:

what I meant was since I haven't tested it in a dyno

close to 9k might be 8749 rather then 8250

with the mods I have done to get a better flow it is easy

to hit the revlimiter in most gears.

Breaking the rev wall makes not very much sense without either bigger injectors or an other pressure valve with 3.5 or 4 bar. Both will negatively affect the driveability at low revs and low loads.

MV Agusta e.g. choose instead of big nozzles a second one for every cylinder. So they can precisely inject small amounts at low revs/loads and also give the engine the full load at WOT.

Hubert

Rereading the initial post I saw the word "carburetors". In this case it's different, of course! Sorry...