Meet Bill Hagan in the SF, Bay Area Tonite!

This is a last second posting for getting Guzzi folks together in the San Francisco Bay area to meet the famous Bill Hagan. We are meeting at the Portofino Grill at 6pm tonight (Sat March 11) and dinner reservations are at 7pm. The address is: 929 Edgewater Blvd. Foster City, 94404

Email or call me if you can make it, I will need to update the reservations.

My email is jnmstewart@msn.com

Cell phone 510-418-7243

Thanks,

Mike

Oh oh.

Just came up to my room to, as the ladies say, "freshen up," and see this.

I am in town to stay awake in a military-legal conference and, at 4:30 or so, put other attendees to sleep talking about this stuff. I'm almost nodding off typing this! :blush:

I'm a little concerned that Mike and others took my "I'll buy you a beer" a bit too seriously. Better call to raise my credit limit! :bier::drink:

OK, back down stairs.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I am in town to stay awake in a military-legal conference and, at 4:30 or so, put other attendees to sleep talking about this stuff.  I'm almost nodding off typing this!    :blush:

81816[/snapback]

You're working on a Saturday?!?

When I was in the RAF (OK. I never got out of training) it was very much an ESSO (every Saturday and Sunday off) service. But would keep a minimal deterrent available but most of the non QRA stuff would be off.

The Father in Law mk1(also RAF) used to preside in Court Martial and caused some consternation buy running them on military working days. 7am starts not the usual civil legal 10am. Civil lawyers were used in some cases. But even he used to have weekends off.

I thought the defence of the realm was handled by the TA on weekends.

anyway have a good dinner

Had a wonderful time meeting up with Bill Hagan last night :drink:

Patrick Hayes brought his photo albums of his motorcycle tours in Italy, Oh by the way, Patrick has probably the only other Hotdog colored EV in the US :grin:

The time went by way too fast and I wish Bill was in town longer than just the weekend. Hopefully next time he visits the weather will be nice and we could go out for a ride :race:

Mike

...oh sure, I move from San Jose, and you go THERE a few months later.

I see how it is  :bbblll:

:P

81935[/snapback]

Actually, my East Coast Tour begins in April, Al. :D

For those who care, here are some pics of our mini gathering of Mike & Janice Stewart and Patrick Hayes. Had a very fine time at Portofino's in Foster City. A nice place, but one cannot give an "A" to a restaurant that claims to be Italian ... but does not have grappa. :drink::bier::food:

Great folks: Patrick brought pics and great Guzzi stories; Mike had made a bracket for the Ballabio [pics of that project to follow soon]; and Janice--a rider and pillion--told tales of rides and Guzzisti here and elsewhere that I should have recorded, but demon rum and jet lag have made most a missing memory, darn it. Have to do a reprise so I can hear 'em again. :mg:

http://snipurl.com/nj4j

[No need to register; light up first pics; have settings so captions show]

Bill

P.S. Martin: Unless in active operations at home or overseas or engaged in some other major training or similar event, most US military has a 5-day week [tho exceptions eat up the rule]. These were reserve judge advocates, gathered for an annual regional "continuing legal education" event. bh