850 Griso

belfastguzzi

How come you MG insiders haven't told us about this yet?

Maybe it was mentioned when I was 'away'?

–>

"2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 850

Moto Guzzi is rumoured to have made the Griso transformation also on the Breva 750.

Whilst the Griso 1100 is based on the Breva 1100

– the new Griso will get a big-bore version of the Breva 750 engine.

Moto Guzzi was not willing to comment at this point. Closer to EICMA 2006 in Milan we will know more."

At this rate, there'll be a 125 Cali Chopper next!

Sounds like a bad idea, as according to some of our friends Down Under, the 1100 Griso's balls have yet to drop...............

Did somebody say, "Buell?"...

Oi...

82167[/snapback]

I reckon a 400cc version of the Norge would go down well. It could have smaller wheels and running boards and an automatic gearbox, and they could call it the "Barge[man]". I'm sure there'd be a big market for it.

How come you MG insiders haven't told us about this yet?

Maybe it was mentioned when I was 'away'?

–>

"2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 850

Moto Guzzi is rumoured to have made the Griso transformation also on the Breva 750.

Whilst the Griso 1100 is based on the Breva 1100

– the new Griso will get a big-bore version of the Breva 750 engine.

Moto Guzzi was not willing to comment at this point. Closer to EICMA 2006 in Milan we will know more."

82167[/snapback]

They already did it! :D don't you remember the 2 stroke/1cilinder Moto Guzzi 125 custom made in the '90s? I had one.

the Griso 850 has been on the model charts in Norway since before Christmas, and now even have a set price on it. They excpect it to reach shops in the spring.

The 850s exists probably because in some countries you get insanely high insurance rates for bigger bikes, whatever model or make. Especially if you are below 30 (remember that? when we were below 30?). Insurance has become so expensive its actually strangling the market for new bikes in Europe at least. As an example: a 25 year old that tries to register a new Yam R1 in Norway pays in excess of $4600 a year, or 3500 euros...

Its like here in Norway, and I also think it is a similar sit in Italy/Germany/France.

It is probably also because the Breva 750 have sold quite well to newbie bikers (girls, city commuters), and they expect the Griso to do the same.

The international trend is turning to smaller midrange bikes, thats were the big sales are. Sad but true.

[dambed insurance blood suking parasites...quote=mdude,Mar 15 2006, 09:44 PM]

the Griso 850 has been on the model charts in Norway since before Christmas, and now even have a set price on it. They excpect it to reach shops in the spring.

The 850s exists probably because in some countries you get insanely high insurance rates for bigger bikes, whatever model or make. Especially if you are below 30 (remember that? when we were below 30?). Insurance has become so expensive its actually strangling the market for new bikes in Europe at least. As an example: a 25 year old that tries to register a new Yam R1 in Norway pays in excess of $4600 a year, or 3500 euros...

Its like here in Norway, and I also think it is a similar sit in Italy/Germany/France.

It is probably also because the Breva 750 have sold quite well to newbie bikers (girls, city commuters), and they expect the Griso to do the same.

The international trend is turning to smaller midrange bikes, thats were the big sales are. Sad but true.

82200[/snapback]

when do get the big mac version from the griso, 1400 cc?

82215[/snapback]

a V4 Griso, lets say 2.5L?

• 3 weeks later...
after a smaller version, when do get the big mac version from the griso, 1400 cc?

82215[/snapback]

From Biesel's post, looks they're delivering 0503salads579_579.jpg

Not much hope of a big_mac.jpg