new tires for v11 teni

fernando

i have worn out my 3 rd set of tires and need something new.

i posted on this before but could not find the replies of about a year ago.

anyhow

michelin pilot ?

or oe bridgestones ?

what have you guys tried out recently / and like ?

fernando

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone put some miles on those new Pirelli tires that are buy one get one yet? I ordered my back one & mailed in the receipt for the front one today. I'm hoping to get 7k out of this set of tires. I'd like to hear some feedback too, although since I've already paid up they're going on my bike.

Do a search - everyone has an opinion. Here's mine:

At 3,000 miles I just removed my front Bridgestone BT-020 because the feedback was terrible. I switched to a BT-014 and I'm very pleased with it as the feedback is improved significantly. I wish I had changed it earlier. My 020 rear seems to be OK. The one comment from the guy who changed my front - the 020s have very stiff sidewalls! That will certainly contribute to a rougher ride. I'll get a little more mileage out of the rear and then I'm switching to a 014 rear once summer is here.

Depends what you want off the bike. For me: grip & handling, not so fussed about mileage (within reason). Didn't like BT020's - handling, wear pattern on f (like beauchemin says), or grip. Changed to Diablos - better in all respects except mileage which is down a wee bit. Diablo Corsas or maybe Michelin Pilots next.

KB :sun:

I hate to be pedantic, but you Tenni guys have your own forum, don't you? It's a luxury we standard V11/philosophy/moth/global bitching etc enthusiasts don't share, and here you are, muscling in on us!

My standard V11 uses whatever was on when I bought it, Bridgestone something or others. If they have air in them, they work splendidly, and seem to be wearing well [tread still visible].................or am I missing something again?

I really didn't like the front Bridgestone 020 on either my V11 or my Kawasaki in both cases it gave almost zero feedback.

I replaced both (when worn) with Bridgestone 014 tyres and this was a huge improvement.

The 020 on the rear wasn't anywhere near as much of an issue, but the 014 feels a little less prone to slide.

I have used the Bridgestone 014's once and my bike went from looking like this

to looking like this

The tires did work great till...... I know if I had been using the my favorite tire of choice (Pirelli Diablo Corsa), I would of never seen the tarmac. I should of never listened to my buddy who swore on the 014's :homer:

Mike

I have used the Bridgestone 014's once and my bike went from looking like this

to looking like this

The tires did work great till...... I know if I had been using the my favorite tire of choice (Pirelli Diablo Corsa), I would of never seen the tarmac.  I should of never listened to my buddy who swore on the 014's  :homer:

Mike

82995[/snapback]

Hi Mike - sorry to hear about your slide - how is your body?? To be fair to the 014s, they are not considered "track day" tires, whereas the Diablo Corsas are.

Most important for the tyre, especially for your Tenni ( Tenni always with two NN, That’s the name of Omobono Tenni, great Italian in the history of Moto Guzzi, you should know that, you own a bike with his name) is the major component and this must to be rubber.

Try to find out what a kind of rubber tyre the other Tenni riders are using.

Hi Mike - sorry to hear about your slide - how is your body??  To be fair to the 014s, they are not considered "track day" tires, whereas the Diablo Corsas are.

83026[/snapback]

Diablo Corsas are not just good for the track- I have been running them over winter and they warm up just as quick as my old 020s and work well in all conditions, even better than the 020s in the wet.

Guy :helmet:

to the frenchman who invited me to go to the tenni forum,

now we understand why you are burnning down your cities.remember ,here in the usa we have no class distinctions ...........

my bike is a v11 le mans first and foremost.

tenni is only the color scheme,and back then , a better suspension -back then, again ., not now. .that is it.

it is not about - being isolated and you better know your place buddy-

, i had nothing to do with the seeting up of a separate section within this forum for tenni owners only. it is a good idea in a way, but bad in other.

by the way frenchbob , if you have read my post about my trip in june thru europe ,i will,together with two othere buddies who i am leading on this ride , passing near where you live,in vienne.

my plans are to head down from heidelberg thru the swiss passes to zermatt,chamonix and then annecy.

from there we ride to grenoble and napoleo's route and on to avignon........

how about meeting us in grenoble or annecy ...??

we could ride up your way but it would be too much of a detour for us because we only have 30 days for our ride .

it would have been great for me to show the others the great temple d'auguste et livie and the pyramide du cirque

we then go from avignon to aguas mortes ,carcasonne ,andorra and cadaques spain wher we have an apartment ,and from there to firenze thur cote d;azur amd then north via lake garda to see the guzzi factory and so on..

hope that we can meet ......

regards

fernando

The 014's did work very well until they did let go, never a slip. To be fair, it could of been something on the track or I could of overheated the tires (air temp was 90 degrees F.) But, I do not think I would use them on the track again. :race: My friend was using the Pirelli Diablo Corsa's (which I usually use) and he had no problems with slip (RC51) and he is a few seconds faster than I per lap. :notworthy:

All my bones are healed and now I am working on getting the strength back in my body/muscles. The wrist, elbow and thumb pain is slowly being worked out as well, I still have some numbness in my left leg, which is not to bad considering.

I have learned that the older you get, the longer it takes the body to recover.

Mike

Hi Mike - sorry to hear about your slide - how is your body??  To be fair to the 014s, they are not considered "track day" tires, whereas the Diablo Corsas are.

83026[/snapback]

now we understand why you are burnning down your cities.remember ,here in the usa we have no class distinctions ...........

my bike is a v11 le mans first and foremost.

tenni is only the color scheme,and back then , a better suspension -back then, again ., not now. .that is it.

83085[/snapback]

Don't worry, Frenchbob is only joking. Also, he doesn't have much human company, so he gets a bit curmudgeonly – especially when his big chicken doesn't lay eggs, which is most days.

There's lots of proof here that we think Tennis are great. I just can't think where it is at the moment.

Ouch! That told me............

What IS a Tenni, anyway?

Hi, Fernando. How're you? It would be great to meet up in Grenoble or Annecy. However, I looked back in your posts for your trip and noticed that you'll be in France at the beginning of June. You may not know that the best French classic meeting - Coupes Moto Legende - takes place at the Prenois circuit, near Dijon on the weekend of 3rd/4th June. Any chance we could meet there? I'm going on the 3rd anyway and you would like the meeting, I'm sure. Otherwise, tell me your itinerary in detail and it's possible that we could meet where you said [if I can get permission from she who must be obeyed for another trip so soon afterwards!].

Belfast, I'll have you know that Serge is a fully functioning foul [even if he thinks he is a person]. I don't know where you got the information from that he hasn't laid yet, but I'm a patient man, as befits the owner of a V11. Curmudgeonly, moi? This isn't the first time I've been accused of being a curmudgeon. I don't know what's wrong with people!