In those quieter moments, do you ever wonder...

V11UK

I see by your list of bikes you need one more bike or else you will think you have too many!

There is a saying about bikes (and it works for beers too):

One bike (beer) - not enough.

Two bikes (beers) -just right.

Three bikes (beers) - too many.

Four bikes (beers) - not enough!!!

Go ahead and buy one! You'll feel just like you do after your fourth beer!

What 190+ BHP (with ram air :o) and 113 FT/LB would be like? After years of riding bikes that struggle to produce 90 BHP I find myself being rather curious...

zzr14.jpg

82981[/snapback]

Yes, I wondered. Then I saw it in the flesh, and wondered no more. Its hideous, managing to be both dull and fugly at the same time. And a leviathan. It looks a bit like a hamster with stuffed cheeks.

What 190+ BHP (with ram air :o) and 113 FT/LB would be like? After years of riding bikes that struggle to produce 90 BHP I find myself being rather curious...

zzr14.jpg

82981[/snapback]

I think roundabouts and crossing white lines in heavy rain would be quite interesting, in a sphincter twitching sort of way.

Guy :helmet:

I think roundabouts and crossing white lines in heavy rain would be quite interesting, in a sphincter twitching sort of way.

Guy  :helmet:

82992[/snapback]

You'll probably get the same twitch every weekend, buying a new back tyre.......

You'll probably get the same twitch every weekend, buying a new back tyre.......

82993[/snapback]

Character? I don't think so. Would be comparable to a one night stand that you regretted the next morning when you actually had to spend time with her. May be fun for a brief instance...but more expensive than she was!

82981[/snapback]

No Way! A fellow could put yer eye out with that! ;)

The beer analogy is good. It's a bit like eating as well [i'm becoming very French - everything comes back to food and drink, sooner or later]. One should always get up from the table with the appetite for just a little more. And so with bikes: I've had one or two more powerful than my V11 but I don't miss them, or their power. I've just been out on my Armstrong, with its Dellorto equipped 500 Rotax which might make, oh, 30bhp at the rear wheel on a good day. The air was warm, the roads were slick with recent rain, and I had a thoroughly satisfying, and not slow ride. If it was the only bike I had, I would still enjoy my motorcycling to the max, and still want just that little bit more.....!

It's all about usability - that's why Guzzi's and Buell's float my boat. I've never wanted to rush out and buy the latest hot poop Japanese missle, but, just in the back of my mind.......190 BHP 113 FT/LB on the road........what would that be like?

Guest jasper

i probably end up killing myself with 190 bhp.. :grin:

and if the speed doesn't kill me, it will be the embarassment riding such a creation........ if that doesn't kill me it will be out of loneliness for riding on my own (my friends won't ride with me anymore) and if that doesn't kill me i hope one of my friends will put me out of my misery....

Ciao

:rasta: jasper

It's all about usability - that's why Guzzi's and Buell's float my boat. I've never wanted to rush out and buy the latest hot poop Japanese missle, but, just in the back of my mind.......190 BHP 113 FT/LB on the road........what would that be like?

83037[/snapback]

Kawasaki - 190 hp - 19 beers

Moto Guzzi - 90 hp - 9 beers

Simple math!!

Someday I'll own a bike like that. Its going to be a constant excersize of willpower to keep my drivers liscense though. I love to go fast, the faster the better too. My Goose is a fine motorcycle that satifies one part of my brain but I still want that ultimate thrill rocket.

I think you should buy one.

Myself, I'm still having issues with the visual part of the bike. I've ridden a Hyabusa, and can't imagine a machine with 35 more hp. There is a big hole in my garage for a machine of such power. If I can get a good deal on a modern superbike I can fit on, I'd get cheater sprockets to get the top speed down, and increase acceleration. Heck, I nearly lost a street sprint on the weekend to a turbo Civic! I can't let this happen!

Ciao, Steve G.