(smokey wee squirt of a pretend)Thumper (smallish)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So close: just not close enough for the exacting standards of the Quiz Forum.

You're around half a point. I would feel bad, if you didn't have so many points already.

I'll post the answer later if nothing else comes through today.

84192[/snapback]

No need to feel bad for me; I feel bad enough already. You know you are old when you spend as much time hugging your knees in pain as you do kneeling on them. I spent two days kneeling........

I am genuinely interested in this machine because I prefer two strokes so I eagerly await the answer.

m

for masochist

Give it aonther 5 days and I'll consider you for the stumper. Although with so many close answers I don't know if this is a techincality or a true stumper.  :huh2:

84246[/snapback]

What do you mean!

They may have given the same answers but they're the same wrong answers!

Can't give the answer as Bendy has declared a 5-day extension :huh::grin:

So here's a big clue.

Could be the first time such generosity has been shown on the Quiz Forum? :cheese:

Hmm.. what do you call that ink blot/smudge psychological test?

Prob. should have posted this in the Moth Forum.

Edit

wow – there are only ten genuine ones.

Good quiz subject.

"Most people have heard of the Rorschach test (pronounced "ror-shock"), but few have ever seen a real Rorschach inkblot. The blots are kept secret. When you see an inkblot in a popular article on the test (as in the Encyclopaedia Britannica entry on the Rorschach test), it's a fake: it's an an inkblot, but not one of the inkblots. There are only ten Rorschach inkblots.

Psychologists want the blots to remain a secret from the general public so that reactions to the blots will be spontaneous. Hermann Rorschach hoped these spontaneous reactions would yield valuable clues to the test subject's personality. Whether they do remains controversial. Many psychologists think the Rorschach test is hopelessly unreliable; others see it as one of the cardinal tools of modern psychodiagnosis. Even among those who acknowledge the value of the test, there is disagreement on interpretation of responses."

84259[/snapback]

It's Ah Puch

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Maya mythology, Ah Puch was the God of Death and King of Metnal, the underworld, which was the worst of all nine hells. He was depicted as a skeleton or corpse adorned with bells, sometimes the head of an owl; even today, some Mexicans and Central Americans believe that an owl's screeches signify imminent death... as the following saying, in local Spanish, indicates:

Cuando el tecolote canta... el indio muere (When the great owl sings, the Indian dies)

It is also known as Hun ahau (where the first /a/ is sometimes omitted if the words are pronounced continuously).