Scura clutch-flywheel

timnic

Uable to risk it any longer put the SCURA into the shop to have the twin plate unit installed. Picked up the bike today, feels good no more snatchy clutch. I bought this bike new it has 36k km on it with no sign of flywheel trouble. I asked the shop to pay close attention when removing the old unit for anything that was not as should be. The old flywheel shows no signs of fractures but that's only by visual inspection. The clutch plate on the other hand shows plenty of wear with approx. only 5-6k km wear left. The teeth on the clutch plate were also worn down to a point so while this had no caused any problems so far, it would have not to far down the track. So to all you SCURA owners out there this may offer some small peace of mind. I don't think it would have made any difference to my decision. If anyone wants a complete single plate unit just let me know and its yours for the the price of postage.

Tim

Thanks for the information Tim :thumbsup:

Could you post your frame no? I'd be interested to collate a list of frame no's re Scuras w & w/o clutch problem - anyone else? Paul do you know the no off the Scura you had? J O'S? Roberto? Thanks.

KB :sun:

frame no. ZGUKS00002M111836

Hope you get enough replies to see if there is some pattern. For anyone still running the single plate it is not a high mileage plate. That said at least replacing clutch plate, pressure plate should'nt be such a big cost compared to replacing the whole unit.

Tim

Solo

It cost me 2480 Aust. for parts

As for having the flywheel tested I don't think so I am curious though and

I will get some pictures up in the next couple of days for you.

Tim

Thanks for the information Tim :thumbsup:

Could you post your frame no? I'd be interested to collate a list of frame no's re Scuras w & w/o clutch problem - anyone else? Paul do you know the no off the Scura you had? J O'S? Roberto? Thanks.

KB :sun:

84598[/snapback]

Frame Number: ZGUKS00001M111672

New RAM single plate feels good and no "CLACK CLACK CLACK" :notworthy:

New RAM single plate feels good and no "CLACK CLACK CLACK" :notworthy:

84811[/snapback]

Next you'll say you've upgraded your tent and we'd have nothing to poke fun at you with :(

Which is your number 1 bike now the Scura or Centaurno?

I'm sure Keith will want more details of the "New single plate"

Edit - seen your comments on the V11vV10 thread but a bit on the fence.

Theres a new single plate clutch that doesnt make that clacking sound? I kinda like the noise myself, but when its time to replace the clutch I'd like to have the quiet one. Less rattles & clacks make it easier to notice any other possibly alarming noises I guess. I definitely want to stay with the single plate though to keep it close to the way it was made in Mandello. Thats probably the only real difference between a Rosso & a regular v11.

When I took my single plate unit out, two of the flywheel bolts were not as tight as I would have liked them to be! :wacko:

This was at just under 7,000miles. There was no visual evidence of any cracking, but I will get it crack detected at work when I come back off holiday, in a couple of weeks.

You may find this thread of interest too:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7181

Nige. B)

• 2 weeks later...

After a couple of weeks on the Scura with new clutch I must say I miss the extra bit of grunt that it had over my LM or at least it feels that way, I wont know for sure until I can get my friend over and we take both bikes out for a run.

Well there doesnt seem to be any damage in the pictures you have posted. Did you have them tested at work yet? Is the new clutch setup a more quiet ride than the original unit? I'm always curious about this controversial clutch & how long it should last in normal use.

Well there doesnt seem to be any damage in the pictures you have posted. Did you have them tested at work yet? Is the new clutch setup a more quiet ride than the original unit? I'm always curious about this controversial clutch & how long it should last in normal use.

86907[/snapback]

Ha Rich

I ride with Rosso M some times, same cluch but mine makes heeps more noise. has'nt got any worse sinse near new to 21000 km

:bier: Gilly

I'll wager that the RAM unit develops some noise after a time. Mine was very quiet at first, but as it wears in, it is getting noisier. Not bad, just a bit of chatter as I pull the lever.

Just got her up and running after the swap to a V10 clutch assembly.

Very, very happy with it. Not quite as snappy as the RAM unit but still light years ahead of the Tonti boat anchor I was used to before.

I is a well happy bunny today! :grin:

Fitted the topless airbox ( mmmm kinky! :D ) and LMII fairing while I was at it too. Resprayed S3 Spare tank on too B)

Standard ECU and Skorpion factory exhaust. It popped farted and then settled very quickly. Pulls strong and clean throughout the rev range. :bike:

All worked and looks well and dandy :thumbsup:

Now all I need to do is learn how to get images in this bit and I will start a new thread with pics. :thing::nerd::homer:

Nige. :huh: