Buell parts

twhitaker

And painless. :P

I went to the local Harley dealer Saturday morning to order Buell mirrors and turn signals for my LeMans. All 4 items were in stock. They were having a sale on Buell parts so everything was 25% off. The bill was just under $50. Thanks to the folks on this board for posting the part numbers getting what I needed was very easy.

The part numbers for the mirrors, N0161-2A8 left and N0162-2A8 right, are for the short mirrors. Just like ours. Apparently there are some longer ones available.

And painless.  :P

I went to the local Harley dealer Saturday morning to order Buell mirrors and turn signals for my LeMans. All 4 items were in stock. They were having a sale on Buell parts so everything was 25% off. The bill was just under $50. Thanks to the folks on this board for posting the part numbers getting what I needed was very easy.

The part numbers for the mirrors, N0161-2A8 left and N0162-2A8 right, are for the short mirrors. Just like ours. Apparently there are some longer ones available.

84789[/snapback]

What are the part numbers for the turn signals?

Edge posted

Buell Light Parts & cost:

Y0040.K Inner Turn Signal $1.95 US

Y0039.K Outer Turn Signal $2.20 US

or If you need to change out your complete signal, the buell one has the rubber middle and looks the same as a MG and includes the lenses your looking for

Y0527.K Turn Signal Right Rear (or left front on a MG) $5.60 US

Y0526.K Turn Signal Left Rear (or right front on a MG) $5.60 US.

Carl Allison posted

And a Buell turn signal:

Y0504.02A8 Turn Signal, RH/Front $5.28

Yep, this was my experience as well... plus they seemed genuinely interested in the fact that this was not a HD product I was installing them upon, and became even more interested when they found it was a MG  :D

al

84819[/snapback]

Ditto that, My HD dealer was slightly suprised but I said "I think they're actually made in the same factory, just one triples the price"

My fancy clear turn signals did say:"Made in Italy" :huh2:

And its amazing how well the Buell flyscreens fit. Like they were made for with the sports in mind. Most expensive thing was their stupid L brackets for mounting the screen I think $13 each. both the turn signals total ran me like $6 :huh2:

I went to the same parts guy 12 months ago to get a set of Buell footpegs. They had the pegs in stock but not the springs. I ordered the springs and went home happy with my $25 purchase. Fast forward 12 months. I'm ordering these parts and the guy asked me if I still wanted the springs he had on the shelf for me for 11 1/2 months. He remembered me.

The turn signals are slightly different intheir mounting. Ours are held on with a buttin head screw and a hex nut. The stalk on these have a male threaded 5/26-24 portion that you put a nut on the back side. Adjacent to this stalk is a nub that sticks out. You should drill a little hole in the fairing for it. I just cut the nub off.

What I got was:

Y0504.02A8 (RF LR)

Y0503.-2A8 (LF RR)

"Apparently there are some longer ones available."

Do the longer mirrors look like the LeMans mirrors? I like the look but I'm getting real sick of loking at my elbows..

84861[/snapback]

This is what I heard on this site. I'm pretty sure they are the same mirrors with longer stalks. The boxes mine came in were labeled 'short.'

Hey Edge,

In the piccy on the other thread what is the black additional fairing on your bike.

Thanks,

Darryl

84991[/snapback]

That bit is a "Laminar Lip" I bought that to increase the pocket and reduce helmet buffetting. At the time I paid $65US for it. Love or hate the looks, it is moderatly effective in increasing comfort. At the time i bought the LL, the "MRA touring windshield was not readily available. For a little more money, you get a new windshiled that is better suited for touring and IMO looks a bit better too. I won't switch now but there are other options if more windshiled is something you are looking for. FWIW; The LL doesn't really do much until you get up to speed in the 65+mph and then it does what it is designed to do and increase the pocket and reduce helmet buffeting.

This is the web if you want to know more about the product(s):

http://www.laminarlip.com/

• 3 weeks later...
a light smoke. with orange inserts you can remove easily, very easily. then get an orange bulb.  :thumbsup:

84862[/snapback]

Here are some amber bulbs I just ordered for the smoke HD lenses. Works like a champ.

98_feb_06%20005_thumb.jpg

click pic for details