V11 Engine recall

guzzijack

I have a V11 engine gearbox combo, low mileage UK market taken from a crashed V11. I've had a look at the previous recall threads and see that both the tranny and rod/rod bolt recalls were based on VIN numbers.

Is there any way I can ascertain from the stamped number if the engine I have was affected and/or has had the work carried out? Or do I just run it and hope not to see a rod appearing where it shouldn't be? :blush:

As security I have obtained the components from the tranny recall kit - is it much of a job to fit them as this will be the firts time I've delved into a 6 speeder.

Graham

Guest Nogbad

You could try seeing if DVLA, or even Guzzi UK can match the engine number to its original frame. Or, given the fact you have a bare engine and can easily change them, simply replace the rod bolts yourself as a precaution.

You could try seeing if DVLA, or even Guzzi UK can match the engine number to its original frame. Or, given the fact you have a bare engine and can easily change them, simply replace the rod bolts yourself as a precaution.

84930[/snapback]

Was it just the rod bolts? If that is the case then I'll certainly do that rather than faff around trying to identify if the engine was one of the affected batch. can you please confirm.

Thanks

Graham

Guest Nogbad
Was it just the rod bolts? If that is the case then I'll certainly do that rather than faff around trying to identify if the engine was one of the affected batch. can you please confirm.

Thanks

Graham

84932[/snapback]

Here is the VOSA reference link VOSA Recall

Here is the VOSA reference link VOSA Recall

84942[/snapback]

Hmmmm..............

CONCERN

kr v11 sport. engine, flexible coupling and double moveable hose may break down. kr and ks v11 sport. flexible coupling and moveable hose may break down.

DESCRIPTION

If the engine is running at high revolutions, close to the rev limit for a prolonged amount of time, the connecting rod screws may give way and break resulting in engine breakdown.

REMEDIAL ACTION

Recall affected machines and replace connecting rod , spring drive and moveable hose with modified type. :!: :!: :!:

Sounds like VOSN did a cut and paste of the usual MG Italian/English translation done by the Guzzi PR department with the dictionary they got free with a packet of cornflakes :mg: .

Question still is :huh2: : do I just replace the rod bolts (hopefully) or did the recall involve replacing the rods :luigi:

Graham

Guest Nogbad

The "flexible coupling" I think is the output shaft cush drive in the gearbox. The "moveable hose" refers to the 3rd / 6th gear sliding sleeve. I'm fairly sure that only the rod bolts are affected, but you can always check with a Guzzi dealer. Call Max Moto in Bury, they are knowledgeable and helpful. Maxmoto

Hmmmm..............

CONCERN

kr v11 sport. engine, flexible coupling and double moveable hose may break down. kr and ks v11 sport. flexible coupling and moveable hose may break down.

DESCRIPTION

If the engine is running at high revolutions, close to the rev limit for a prolonged amount of time, the connecting rod screws may give way and break resulting in engine breakdown.

REMEDIAL ACTION

Recall affected machines and replace connecting rod , spring drive and moveable hose with modified type. :!:  :!:  :!:

Sounds like VOSN did a cut and paste of the usual MG Italian/English translation done by the Guzzi PR department with the dictionary they got free with a packet of cornflakes :mg: .

Question still is :huh2: : do I just replace the rod bolts (hopefully) or did the recall involve replacing the rods :luigi:

Graham

84946[/snapback]

The con rod recall involved replacing both the rods and rod bolts.

Only very early production V11 Sports were subject.

We had one early 2000 model get the con-rod recall.

Dozens of the trans recalls.

I am unaware of any database for tying engine number to frame number.

There may be such a database in the basement in Italy.

It has never been offered to the dealers, AFAIK.

How many V11 riders on this forum does have got the recall?

Is this recall expecially for V11 sport? Untill 2001?

I have seen on www.guzzisti.it this thread already. Seems this recall concern only V11 sport untill 2001.

I have the Le Mans 2002, but some guys on this forum does really have some "old" Le Mans with "old" engine.

This guys get better take a look on the frame number and compare this with the list for the recall.

thanks

Guest Nogbad
How many V11 riders on this forum does have got the recall?

Is this recall expecially for V11 sport? Untill 2001?

thanks

85117[/snapback]

My 2000 V11 Sport (Greenie) needed the tranny recall, but NOT the rod recall.

My 2000 V11 Sport (Greenie) needed the tranny recall, but NOT the rod recall.

85118[/snapback]

my 2001/2002 greenie fell out of both recalls (supposedly)