2nd bike opinions

Guest Barrett82

Guest Barrett82

We'll it's started I'm ready to add a second bike to the garage to go with the Rossa Corsa.

Cafe Sport?

What about an Aprilia Tuono?, just something about those bikes.

( Either would be new)

Or should I find a used Guzzi Sport of some sort.

Really only interested in the sport type bikes.

thanks

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a VOR 530 set up as a supermotard as my "secound bike". In my opion your secound bike should be completly different to your current bike. If you end up with two bikes that are similar inevatibly you'll prefere one over the other as a result the other will hardly get ridden then whats the piont of having two bikes in the first place. If you are going to the expense of having a secound bike it may as well do stuff that your current bike is ethier unsiutable or just plain incapable.

For me to consider getting a second bike I would have to sell six bikes first.

It all depends on what you want it for. Do you want to play, cruise or what? The supermotard idea is a lot of fun - so is a street legal enduro - so is a straight touring bike - so is a hooligan bike - so is a retro racer - and so on and so on and so on ....

We'll it's started I'm ready to add a second bike to the garage to go with the Rossa Corsa.

Cafe Sport?

What about an Aprilia Tuono?,  just something about those bikes.

( Either would be new)

thanks

85834[/snapback]

I'd also go with previous posts; my 2nd bike is a ducati 900 MK1 superlight, though both bikes are both aircooled V-twins their miles apart in character, which is what I love about them.

Funny you should ask..

I just told everyone I know "If your going to get a second

bike -get a Monster"

I traded with a friend for about 30 miles the other day.

I've ridden his M900 a few times before but WOW.

What a truly great toy. There's nothing there but that great torquey

motor and two huge fat tires. It feels like an MXer. Just a wicked FUN bike.

And thier fit & finish is supreme. Neither of us have had a lick of problems

with our Ducs. Theres less rust and crust on my '94 SS than on my 02 Guzzi.

In fact there's zero rust or crust on my Duc. Battery box, dirty underneth

places....no where.

And if you can do the gear selector spring on a Goose you can do the valves on a Duc

Whip it around like a dirt bike...roll up a wheelie..toss it in to a corner...weeeeee!

I'll keep the LeMans forever but a Monster is shure fun.

Guest SDKFZ111

Cafe Sport?

What about an Aprilia Tuono?,  just something about those bikes.

( Either would be new)

thanks

85834[/snapback]

Don't buy a Tuono because you won't bother with the Guzzi again! I bought my brother's 05 Tuono about three weeks ago, what a rocket! No wonder I had so much trouble staying with him on our ride outs. I hadn't ridden the Guzzi for about 5 weeks then rode it straight after the Tuono and frankly I couldn't see the point. Maybe we need a bit more time together to rebond.I certanly won't criticise the Goose but the Tuono is my sort of bike a real point and shoot sort of bike, so smooth, light, comfortable, well sorted fuel injection a real buzz to ride, the only down side, its got one of those dirty oily chain things, and by the way I still keeping the Guzzi its still a great looking bike if nothing else.

The new Ducati GT1000 sport classic comes out this week- it is basically the same as the others but with a more upright riding position and twin shocks.

I am seriously hankering for a not-too-badly crash damaged RSVR Mille which I can use as a track day bike- seem to be plenty about for not a lot of money.

Guy :helmet:

I've always been a big fan of the Tuono, but I think that (lack of) parts availability might be similar to what we all have now with our Guzzi's. I've had a number of second bikes since buying my LeMans, and recently sold a Kawasaki Z1000 and am replacing it with a new Triumph Speed Triple. Similar type of ride to the Tuono, but a little less expensive and good aftermarket for trinkets.

I was at Laguna Seca in 2002 [i think] for WSB, and remember Noriuki Haga factory Aprilia rider at the time pulling the wrapper off the Tuono for the world press launch. Several hundred people waited to see the "new" Aprilia. I remember almost all of those hundreds of people quickly turning and walking away when they got a look at it. Now, beauty is in the eye of the beholder as we all know. And I know it's a great bike that will blow the doors off a V11 with similar riders. [i remember a test ride on one at M.I.] But this is not a bike that would make me turn back for a final look when leaving the garage.

A second bike in the garage? What a cool problem to be faced with. It is one that ultimately only you can decide is best. I used to have 2 Nortons, and found that duplication, with any type of machines made little sense, for me anyways.

Ciao, Steve G.

Guest Barrett82

The Speed Triple is in the running, that Triple wails when it's on the pipe.

I've always been a big fan of the Tuono, but I think that (lack of) parts availability might be similar to what we all have now with our Guzzi's.  I've had a number of second bikes since buying my LeMans, and recently sold a Kawasaki Z1000 and am replacing it with a new Triumph Speed Triple.  Similar type of ride to the Tuono, but a little less expensive and good aftermarket for trinkets.

85913[/snapback]