Plastic and levers

tripletango

My Cafe sport was dropped by my brother. Scraped up the screen, bent the bars, trashed the clutch lever, valve cover, change lever, peg, both front and rear turn indicators, rear seat plastic and muffler.

OH boy, where do I start? Is there a good place including MG to get the bits and pieces?

I guess this is a chance for me to upgrade all the parts.

Any advice from you experts?

Thanks

BTW he chipped a tooth and got some road rash. Not too bad considering.

OH boy, where do I start?  Is there a good place including MG to get the bits and pieces?

I guess this is a chance for me to upgrade all the parts.

86269[/snapback]

Try some searches to see if you can find relevant posts. Some others have had the same thing thing happen (with relatives or friends) and there should be lists of alternative parts somewhere here. For starters you can get the same levers and indicators cheaper from sources other than M Guzzi. Guzzi price for levers is crazy. I think I paid about £60. Apparently Ducati do the same part a lot cheaper. Buel indicators instead of MG...

Start with a search under 'brake lever' or 'clutch lever' maybe?

I've had some experience

Buell indicators, Nearly identical (made in same factory I hear) $6 for the pair.

Y0504.02A8 (RF LR)

Y0503.-2A8 (LF RR)

they are the same all around just buy 4.

They are slighty different but no problem to mount up just make sure you get the nuts from them!!!! (they are a weird thread pattern)

Go with Fast by Feracci if you want Carbon cans for $600 otherwise get Mistral stock looking replacments for $550 OR look on ebay or this forum for a set of actual stock cans maybe $100 a simple search on google will bring up lots of options there but those are the best for close to stock and far under stock prices

For levers The best bets are CRG adjustable's "rolaclicks" the large ducati version they are about $90 each but very nice and worth it, stock Brembo's can be had from a internet search or ebay.

Buell footpegs are both more comfortable and much much cheaper I hear tho I haven't used them. Might want to ask around but I'm sure they are just generic to all models of buell and mount right up the the V11.

If the screen is only scraped you might want to try and sand & paint it. a New one is around $300 Stuchi makes one for $200 and I got a Buell carbon fiber one thats shorter off of a lightning for $100, the brackets and nuts are an additional $40.

Someone on here was selling Carbon Fiber seat cowls for $150? or do you mean the whole tail? either way if you can I would go with Pauls tailpeice you can't beat the quality(tho I haven't gotten mine yet) and the tail light is built in and looks brilliant. I think it is about $500

Valve cover I have no idea but I know there is a moto guzzi spares site that someone could fill you in on. I'm sure they would have one you could get and maybe not even have to paint it.

The bars... I hear was it two brothers that made a nice bar set? otherwise look onto ebay again for a trashed one or the guzzi spares place. Really I know there is another company that makes more readily available bars but I Can't remember right now. Someone else will have to take over where I leave off. I would have knocked his tooth out the rest of the way :grin:

While youre at it get some napolen mirrors they cut down on vibes and look nice.

Goodluck and Godspeed.

Tripletango,

I p.m.'d you regarding parts off my bike at MPH. I have a lot of new takeoff stuff you might want to economize with doing your repair. Sorry your bike is down...

Wick

Thanks to you all. There is an opportunity here to really change the bike. I have often thought that the CS with a few carbon bits as standard would look pretty cool with all carbon body work.

It seems that these parts are available. i will start looking at some of your excellant suggestions.

I am beginning to feel better already, having been in total misery since the event.

There is hope!

Sorry about the crash. I have a stock muffler you can have, if you want to stick with those.

Consider upping the coolness factor of the bike by getting the Guzzi carbon fairing and mounting it and the headlight and gauge to swing with the bars, a la the Rosso Mandello and Scura. This is what I did to my crashed Billy Bob.

I can guide you on what parts you need to buy, and even order them for you, as can Todd of MPH, a dealer that is far closer to you than I am. Last I looked, though, the carbon fairing was on backorder in the US. We may be able to get one from an alternative source, however.

Guest Nogbad

Sorry to hear of your mishap. I too had a bike dropped by my brother - luckily it was my ratbike MZ TS250 (God rest it's soul). Fortunately only the culprit was damaged, the bike just needed the application of a hammer to the bent footpeg.

To this day I cannot for the life of me work out how he managed to lose the front braking on a dry day. You could pull the nipple off the end of the cable and not lock the wheel in the wet!

Families eh! They @#!#$# you up alright!

Sorry about the crash. I have a stock muffler you can have, if you want to stick with those.

Consider upping the coolness factor of the bike by getting the Guzzi carbon fairing and mounting it and the headlight and gauge to swing with the bars, a la the Rosso Mandello and Scura. This is what I did to my crashed Billy Bob.

I can guide you on what parts you need to buy, and even order them for you, as can Todd of MPH, a dealer that is far closer to you than I am. Last I looked, though, the carbon fairing was on backorder in the US. We may be able to get one from an alternative source, however.

86332[/snapback]

Thanks to all. I am going to Houston today so I will call in on MPH.

Thanks to all.  I am going to Houston today so I will call in on MPH.

86463[/snapback]

I ended up with bits off Wicks bike along with other bits and pieces from MPH.

Added the M4 carbon cans. Still need more parts. Getting quote from MPH and will query the forum.

Would love a carbon rear and screen but have not found a direct replacement for the front. There are rumours that there is German co with a seat surround and tail light. The front carbon piece is for a different V11 and requires fork mounts and a different head light.

I saw Wick's CS at MPH and it looks great. Has the fork mounted fairing M4s and a heck of a lot more.