cmon hints... :grin:

86779[/snapback]

This should lead to someone getting the answer in about 30 minutes....

It was made in Poland.

No point in trying to guess the answer - you will have to find reference to it. Most of the sites I've seen allude to what the question is about.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"WFM built motorcycles and scooters in Poland in the 1950's and 1960's.

Unusually their scooters were successful in competition in ISDT events.

1964 WFM Osa

1964 WFM Osa Scooter

The WFM Osa scooter was available with a 150cc engine or a 175cc fan cooled engine. Both being 2-stroke units originally intended for motorcycle use. To fit the engine into the scooter the whole engine/gearbox unit was tilted forward by about 90 degrees. The cylinder ending up between the riders feet and the gearbox high up under the seat !

Unusually for a scooter large 14 inch wheels were used. (most other scooters made at the same time used 8 or 10 inch wheels)"

source

http://home.clara.net/peterfrost/wfmosa.html

1964 WFM Osa

1964 WFM Osa Scooter

The WFM Osa scooter was available with a 150cc engine or a 175cc fan cooled engine. Both being 2-stroke units originally intended for motorcycle use. To fit the engine into the scooter the whole engine/gearbox unit was tilted forward by about 90 degrees. The cylinder ending up between the riders feet and the gearbox high up under the seat !

Unusually for a scooter large 14 inch wheels were used. (most other scooters made at the same time used 8 or 10 inch wheels)"

source

http://home.clara.net/peterfrost/wfmosa.html

86890[/snapback]

Survey says....

DING DING DING, you are obviously right its the same pic as the quiz. point to dlaing

Survey says....

DING DING DING, you are obviously right its the same pic as the quiz. point to dlaing

86917[/snapback]

Yay! I finally got one!!!! :bike: We need an emoticon for popping a wheelie

whelliue.jpg

I'd like to thank the director, the producers, the academy and all that made this possible

I'd like to thank my wife, for her patience as I spend too much time at the computer.

Id like to thank my mother for giving me her old Zenith computer that got me started down this path.

My father for showing me the true value of drinking :bier:

My brother for getting me out of the gutter.

My sister for letting me know about how wonderful women can be.

DBG and BFG for braking down the quiz system so that even I can get a point! (or atleast that is what Nogbad seemed to indicate was happening)

And most of all Jaap for making it all possible :bier:

Guest Nogbad

My sister for letting me know about how wonderful women can be.

86920[/snapback]

Hmmmm Do you mean this?? :o

DBG and BFG for braking down the quiz system so that even I can get a point! (or atleast that is what Nogbad seemed to indicate was happening)

And most of all Jaap for making it all possible  :bier:

86920[/snapback]

I think you mean "breaking"... But yes, I stand by my assertion that there have been a few worthless points awarded lately. However, this one seems honestly earned so you can rest easy.

Hmmmm Do you mean this??  :o

I think you mean "breaking"... But yes, I stand by my assertion that there have been a few worthless points awarded lately. However, this one seems honestly earned so you can rest easy.

86945[/snapback]

there were plenty of shady points awarded b4 I came around. the system is flawed I'm just trying to keep things on a straight line. and BFG does have 2 real points. but he also has 2 pity points. :huh2:

Well done. Right answer, as already stated. A scary answer, too.

Now, has anyone got ISDT results onliine to confirm this? I've seen the claim, identically worded, in a few sites but have been unable to make sure that it is true.

Guest Nogbad
there were plenty of shady points awarded b4 I came around. the system is flawed I'm just trying to keep things on a straight line. and BFG does have 2 real points. but he also has 2 pity points.  :huh2:

86961[/snapback]

Pity points.... I like it. You should change the .gif for those to a sulky child's face and make him replace two of them.