Baldini stuffs it to the Japs

Guzzirider

Thanks Guzzirider for my 15 seconds of fame! Any chance of getting a CD so's I can bore my grandchildren? - PC won't save it.

Had a great day out. Guzzi is underated, & much better than the press it gets. Scura held it's own amongst mostly dedicated track bikes - Japs & Dukes - fine in the corners & under brakes (better than it has a right to be given the weight involved) - only place it really lost out was the straight .....but it's a very short straight at Ty Croes... :xmas:

Ran faultless all day. Gearbox worked better than on the road - not one bad change (I've noticed this before - more focus by me or is box designed to be used this way? Anyone else?)

Michelin Power 2CT's steer great, stick like glue.

Dunno about attitudes Pete, no-one said anything much, but folk seemed friendly enough. 749 rider muttered something about "wild" riding, I think cos I tried him round the outside at the hairpin, a young lad off a 400 said he was impressed by the Guzzi. They were pretty much all regular trackday riders I think & like Guzzirider says, seen plenty fast & slow.

:mg::mg::mg::mg::mg:

Yeh! MOTO *kin GUZZI! 80HP,250kg! :wacko: - & least you've always got an excuse ! :D

KB :sun:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Speed-Dave,

You sayin' you don't believe Rich rides faster than your average Ricky Racer?  Is that really what you're saying??  Cuz if that's what you're saying, you'd better be at the next track day to see it with your own eyes, and no weasely excuses!

86688[/snapback]

I am with Pete on this one, "he's quick."

About the only way for me to keep up with Rich or RacerX is with a video camera.

All I am saying is that your POST IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT VIDEO FOOTAGE!!!

Not exactly worthless, but in the stills you posted, you can't see Speedy Rodriguez for all his glory. :race:

If anyone has a video camera, I'll volunteer for umbrella and video girl duties, but nothing X or R rated....I do have sexual morals.

Thanks Guzzirider for my 15 seconds of fame! Any chance of getting a CD  so's I can bore my grandchildren? - PC won't save it.

No worries- I'll burn one for you but not tonight- spent 5 hours down the local boozer asnd I need sleep.

:bier:

I am with Pete on this one, "he's quick."

About the only way for me to keep up with Rich or RacerX is with a video camera.

All I am saying is that your POST IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT VIDEO FOOTAGE!!!

Not exactly worthless, but in the stills you posted, you can't see Speedy Rodriguez for all his glory. :race:

If anyone has a video camera, I'll volunteer for umbrella and video girl duties, but nothing X or R rated....I do have sexual morals.

86728[/snapback]

Well, you know, we were there to ride, not to take video, AND the track day photographer didn't show up, AND the videographer was friggin' expensive...yadayadayada...bottom line is you'll have to come next time to bear witness or take video. :pic: whuddaya say?

And Baldini! Nice job stickin' it to 'em. It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it.

Dunno about attitudes Pete, no-one said anything much, but folk seemed friendly enough. 749 rider muttered something about "wild" riding, I think cos I tried him round the outside at the hairpin, a young lad off a 400 said he was impressed by the Guzzi. They were pretty much all regular trackday riders I think & like Guzzirider says, seen plenty fast & slow.

86717[/snapback]

Bloke with the 749 must be a softcocque. It's a trackday? Right? Therefore you expect everyone else to be trying to bust your arse :grin: What's wrong with round the outside? At least if you lost it you wouldn't of been so likely to take his girly-bike out from under him :moon: .

Glad they were a good crew. Rob's had some real problems at track days with numpties on late model jappers objecting to him and his *old* bike being allowed out with them to clog up the track. He then goes out and laps quicker than them and they get all shitty about it :huh2: . Not all of 'em mind but we've noticed a direct correlation between the flashier and poncier the leathers and the speed they go round. The equation works out to roughly a second a lap at Oran for every extra coloured panel. A hump on the back of the leathers is usually worth about a second and a half :P Oh, and that's on his road-going LeMans 1 not the race bike, I reckon if he could use that he could not only seriously embarass them but they'd come in with their ears bleeding as well :thumbsup::mg::mg::mg:

Pete

Having ridden with Baldini in northern Wales, I'd have to say...

it looks like he's holding back in the video :D

that looked rather tame by Baldini standards. :huh:

Perhaps he just didn't want to embarrass anyone too badly :bier:

.......Rob's had some real problems at track days with numpties on late model jappers objecting to him and his *old* bike being allowed out with them to clog up the track. He then goes out and laps quicker than them and they get all shitty about it ...

Couple years ago I did Ty Croes on the old Tonti - open day Japs & Dukes - think what did it for them was the skinny tyres...they can't believe anything 25yrs old with little skinny rubber should even get around never mind pass them! Always fancied trying a 850 commando engine in a featherbed...that'd rattle them...But I think it's just ignorance really. Lot of these folk are very low miles riders, believe everything they see in the press. If they aren't going fast enough they get some "better" gear. Oftimes they'd be faster on something slower! Guzzis are easy to ride (esp after 20yrs on em) & very stable. Sure they're slow to turn but I've never seen that as a problem, in fact it helps you feel more secure! It's not how far you can lean over every corner, speed comes with putting the lines together thru the lap.

Another thing may be an issue is cos you can't overtake anything on the straights, & on a tight track midcorner is just too close, everything has to be done on the brakes, often into the slower corners & cos you haven't really got great acceleration sometimes that means a block pass (you take the line they wanted to take) to get a bit of daylight - otherwise they just pass you back on the next straight bit & you're stuck behind them again - some may not be happy with that? I know I don't much like riding with supermotos cos of the totally different ways they use the track - it interupts the flow of it all.

...it looks like he's holding back in the video ...

Guzzirider says that was the first session: so everyone was taking it fairly easy. You don't want to T bone someone, or ram em up the arse & that corner is hellish fast entry, tightens sharply in the last part - if you really commit to it in traffic, there's not a lot of space to enact plan B as you come up on someone dawdling towards the last apex....first aim is not to fall off! Also: overtaking always puts you off line (entry into that corner should be much wider) & it's just a question of getting past, not how fast you are. After seeing the stuff in the paddock when we rode in I was surprised in the first session that it was so easy to keep up.

Bravo!

Great stuff indeed.

Jaap, anyway of setting this up like the last V11 video ~ left hand side of the homepage? Maybe we need a Guzzi video tab, hell I'd love to set up a camera on the Le Mans and run GA 52 / 60 Wolf Penn......wholesome family entertainment you know.

Phil

Atlanta GA

'02 Le Mans

Great action, Baldini! :bier:

Good to see you flogging the old Scura around the bends.

Yeehaah!

Søren

Guest goffredo

(...)

Dunno about attitudes Pete, no-one said anything much, but folk seemed friendly enough. 749 rider muttered something about "wild" riding, I think cos I tried him round the outside at the hairpin,

Oh, don't you just love them when they say so? :mg: Well done!!! :race::mg::race::mg:

G.