Trip Meter issues

dmoon64

Recent trip back from the Guzzi dealer should have been around 70-75 miles. Trip meter showed 37. I removed the two nuts behind the speedo and the tripmeter reset knob, but the guage is held in by something else.

How hard is it to get this thing out and to look inside? I did a search but all I find is talk about the odometer and speedo.

Thanks,

Darryl

Recent trip back from the Guzzi dealer should have been around 70-75 miles. Trip meter showed 37. I removed the two nuts behind the speedo and the tripmeter reset knob, but the guage is held in by something else.

How hard is it to get this thing out and to look inside?  I did a search but all I find is talk about the odometer and speedo.

Thanks,

Darryl

87387[/snapback]

There are discussions somewhere about people experiencing different measurements between their odometers and their trip meters and bizarre theories that parts have been mixed up and some mph clocks give kph readings. :wacko:

As far as I remember, the clock comes out ok, but you won't be able to get at anything without prying the metal bevel lip and removing the glass. The hard bit will be getting it back together.

Smiths_speedo.jpg