Bridgestone tyres for Baldini?

belfastguzzi

New BT-002s for road and track.

The local paper's bike journalist has been at a Bridgestone demonstration at Ascari where Jeremy McWilliams has been demonstarting the circuit for the journalists and apparently he genuinely speaks highly of the tyres and says he failed to get the Racing Street tyres to slide or move.

Presumably other mags are now reporting on the

Bridgestone Racing Street BT-002 tyres.

These are adapted from the DOT race-only BT-002 tyres.

The front has a dual compound.

Blurb:

"Race-bred performance for street superbikes

Bridgestone’s Battlax BT-002 Racing Street series is a new-generation of MotoGP-inspired hypersport tyres designed to provide outstanding street and track day performance for high-powered bikes of 600 cc and above.

Derived from the BT-002 homologated full-race range, the Z-rated Racing Street front/rear pairing delivers outstanding contact feel and precise cornering ability. Its main adaptation for practical road use lies in the selection of tread compounds that combine long-life durability with sure-footed response under wide-ranging surface and weather conditions.

Dual-tread construction of the front tyre, with a medium compound in the centre and a soft grade in the shoulder area provides high grip while retaining light steering. ?A steel Mono Spiral Belt (MSB) comprising a continuous single cord wrapped around the circumference of the tyre in order to eliminate seams, joints and the overlapping of belts, reduces weight compared with conventional multi-cross belt construction. It nevertheless provides greater stability by minimising internal heat generation.

...?At the rear, a silica-rich compound again enhances grip. The profile and tread pattern are adopted directly from the BT-002 race tyre. A large, flat crown radius brings smooth and linear turn-in characteristics, while the tread ensures straight-line drive stability, with optimal distribution of the grooves aiding middle to large camber cornering.

The Battlax BT-002 Racing Street series is produced in three sizes: 120/70ZR17 (58W) TL (front), 180/55ZR17 (73W) TL and 190/50ZR17 (73W) TL (rear).

and Superbike magazine

Tyre: tyrus_map.gif

Tire: MetzFattie.jpg

Tired:

tire.gif

I am very happy with the Michelin Power 2CT's. The dealer also provided me with a pair of high quality Michelin stickers & I feel it would be churlish to change now. I think they will wear out very quickly however, & unfortunately I may have to return to more s/t tyre to ensure I can complete any journeys I may undertake.

KB :sun:

i wouldn't go for Bridgestone. look how badly they failed Capirossi and Gibernau, not to mention Hopkins and Vermeulen, in the Turkish MotoGP...

i know the tires aren't coming from the same mould and gum but i guess a little gesture of solidarity would send the correct message to the Bridg's HQ :) :)

More Bridgestone stuff? You're an agent for them now? I've got BT 014'S on the bike now and I dont like them. Can I get a refund?

87924[/snapback]

No, your memory is leaking all over your shoes. The previous post was about Metzlers. Both bikes have Metz on 'em.

But really, if Baldi is going to go around stuffing it to the Japs, then he ought to do it with the full cheeky irony of doing it with Japanese boots on.

They dont seem to suit the bike as well as the Diablos. Dead slippy in the wet,too, Just dont feel planted at all if it's damp and wiggle about on the white lines all over the place. Not quite the right shade of black,either.

My local tyre dealer had a batch of new Pilot Powers.

They had a nice scent

:2c:

88024[/snapback]

You can get help for addiction to the strong smell of rubber on the hooters posting. All I want to know is what tyre choice is going to cure my wiggly front end ( help for this too on the hooters post!)

I like to say something, may I, Grazie...

I have now the Azaro ST 45/46. My comment in one word, shit! :vomit::vomit:

I don't know you guys oversee, but this tyre is unstable, slow curve goes always wide, not once but ALWAYS.

Fast curve got to work on the bike to keep him there where he belongs to be, in the curve.

Next week these tyre are going, yeah, their live has ended. They are worth than the BT 020.

I like to say something, may I, Grazie...

I have now the Azaro ST 45/46. My comment in one word, shit!  :vomit:  :vomit:

I don't know you guys oversee, but this tyre is unstable, slow curve goes always wide, not once but ALWAYS.

Fast curve got to work on the bike to keep him there where he belongs to be, in the curve.

Next week these tyre are going, yeah, their live has ended. They are worth than the BT 020.

88048[/snapback]

I have the Azaros fitted I started to notice at the beginning of the week on a couple of my commutes to work as I was pushing it a bit harder, better weather, around the roundabouts it was starting to push out as Antonio describes and have what perhaps could be described as a weave whilst cranked over. On Wednesday I'd blasted down the motorway and was sat at the lights at the top of the exit slip waiting for them to change when I went to move the bars. The stiction* was incredible. I know it's "sure grip" on the tarmac but this was unbelievable.

It didn't feel too sure footed around the next two bends. I checked the tyre pressure - 15lbs :doh: It seems to be holding it's pressure now. But I'm a bit nervy. I can find any obvious puncture. I might ultra seal it to make it last the Highland fling and possibly the Erin.

Up until now I haven't any complaints about the tyre, been using since December. The rear did pick up a puncture also. They coped okay around Wales. But as you can tell I'm not "Mr feedback" I just ride it.

* Stiction - Sticking through friction. The reluctance to start to move, normally used in reference to fork sealsand sliders.

Guest Nogbad

I replaced the original BT57s on my 2000 Sport with BT020s.

I must be a crap rider, because the 020s seem fine to me, wet or dry.

I don't understand.

In every roadtest I read BT 020 is an excellent tyre.

On my Tenni already 13.000 km's.

( maybe tells a lot about my style of riding the Tenni)

Front tyre is wearing left more then right side.

I am still satisfied the way it handles.

Its even standard on BMW's 1200 Gt with 140 hp.

Anton