Tekno Bags????

gargoyle

OK, I've did a search, I've "googled" and I've done links. Just where does one find these mythical Tekno bags and racks for the LeMans??? :huh2: Did I miss something obvious or are they not available anymore. :( I'm deep into a farkling (COG term) mood right now so bring forth the info. :helmet:

The same bags are now sold as official Moto Guzzi accessories:

Bags

Motomecca in the UK are still listing the Tecknos- £174.78

Tecknos

Guy  :helmet:

88451[/snapback]

I'd got mine from motomecca but when this question was last asked they nolonger were advertising them. so it would seem they're back in stock.

There are avaialble from http://www.bags-bike.com/linee.htm the Blir which seems to be the same

I ordered a set from moto international who can get them from TLM ....but I missed the current shipment and have been waiting for several weeks to hear if they are truly coming or not. Motointernational is very helpful over the phone but I don't think they understand email yet, I've sent several regarding my tekno bag order but have never heard from them. I may have to try the above links as well.

waspp

:bier: Thanks! :bier: I just sent Moto Mecca an email to get a total cost. They did have a note that they are having problems getting email and listed an alt address, enquiries@motomeccaspares.com . Did you try that one too? I'm going to try my local dealer tomorrow. Well it's back to the garage time :luigi:

:mg:

Does anyone know of the brackets and bags will fit if you have the MG Ti pipes installed (they are slightly higher than the stock pipes)?  :huh2:

88509[/snapback]

I believe the MG Ti pipes can be installed in either the stock position with the stock passenger peg mounts, or in the raised position with the shorter passenger peg mounts that come with the Ti kit (as shown in my avatar). Based on the "bags" link in Guzziriders post above I don't think the bags will fit with Ti pipes installed in the raised position.

I believe the MG Ti pipes can be installed in either the stock position with the stock passenger peg mounts, or in the raised position with the shorter passenger peg mounts that come with the Ti kit (as shown in my avatar).  Based on the "bags" link in Guzziriders post above I don't think the bags will fit with Ti pipes installed in the raised position.

88511[/snapback]

Thanks, Tom.

That is what I figured with the pipes as high as you have them. It was my understanding, however, that there was an intermediate level of hanging the pipes... somewhere between where yours are and where the stock pipes are.

Is that correct? Still have the same opinion (if that is indeed correct)?

Thanks, Tom.

That is what I figured with the pipes as high as you have them. It was my understanding, however, that there was an intermediate level of hanging the pipes... somewhere between where yours are and where the stock pipes are.

Is that correct? Still have the same opinion (if that is indeed correct)?

88554[/snapback]

There is only two positions AFAIK, unless someone made custom mounts. I've heard other say that the Teckno bags don't mount with the short Ti pipe hangers. When I mounted my Ti cans, I "tested" the lower mounting position. I didn't like the pull and stresses that I felt to get them to line up. YMMV.

The Tekno bags will definitely mount with the Guzzi Ti pipes, with the pipes in the lower position, utilizing the stock (longer) hangers. Tekno bags will not mount with Ti's in the higher position, not enough room.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know Motointernational came through on the tekno bags! Evidently they are getting very hard to find and tracking down a set proved to be a challange, but successful. Not cheap but I appreciate the effort they put into finding a set for me.

waspp

What about a rear Stucci rack? :huh2:

Will it interfere with the mounting? I really like the looks and locking/quick mount features of these bags but can't discern how they actually mount to the bike. Does anyone happen to have an explaination or even better some photos of the mounts?

Guest Britcheflee

I purchased a set of RKA bags - they hold their shape and work fine for me - they strap on - the only issue is that they are not quick to take off -

Here is a pic:

post-1974-1148666223_thumb.jpg

Does anyone happen to have an explaination or even better some photos of the mounts?

90282[/snapback]

The front mount attaches through a sleeve to the front passenger peg hanger. I shortened my sleeve by about 1/2 and use shorter bolts to narrow the profile. The lower mount fastens to the muffler hanger. I moved mine to the inside ( more narrow. Finally, the rear mount bolts inside the the rear fender.

IMG_2002.jpg

tekno_frame_2.jpg

I dispensed with the spacer alltogether it was too wide to fit inside the bolt head recess, and I've got the lower on the outside. Being a wire frame its fairly flexable and will tweek to however you want it.

Though it did break one of the joins when I first used it but was easily bodged back

IMG_0969.jpg