Shameless - Sorry

Guest Nogbad

I don't know why or what made us want to be on a motorcycle but for me it was speed and the thrill of being on something that made me excited everytime I sat on it.  It started with a Japanese Bike (86 GSXR-750) and after 20 years of riding everything of all makes, I'm just excited to get on any bike.  You guys are crititcizing bikes that are made in the US, Europe, and Japan.  It is silly really, you all forgotten how you longed for some bike when you first thought that you wanted to ride.  You browsed through all the magazines available and visited the dealers multiple times wishing one day soon your minimum wage job will get you the down payment for this thing.  After the dream came true, it was definitely worth the wait.  I don't think we all started on a Guzzi but we all should keep an open mind on what riding really means.  Yeah you are not a "drag racer" but we all know why we ride.........it all started with SPEED and the Japanese bike rules in this arena.  All other BS answers on why we ride now should remind us why we started riding in gthe first place.  Get off your high horse and just pick a bike or bikes and have fun with it.  Shit this subject is tiring, Just f*&&&ing ride or get off.

Regards,

Cliche

90121[/snapback]

Here Here, couldn't say it any better, its like you know me or something. :ninja:

:mg:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a V Rod. Like Guzzirider, I'm a lady too don't you know.

90137[/snapback]

V rod is the perfect ladies bike! A friend of mine bought a new Harley only to trade it in a few weeks later on bigger, fatter more chomed out version because everyone teased him about buying a girls bike. Most female riders here ride Harleys, low cg I guess and maybe that bad girl image.

waspp

I don't know why or what made us want to be on a motorcycle but for me it was speed and the thrill of being on something that made me excited everytime I sat on it.  It started with a Japanese Bike (86 GSXR-750) and after 20 years of riding everything of all makes, I'm just excited to get on any bike.  You guys are crititcizing bikes that are made in the US, Europe, and Japan.  It is silly really, you all forgotten how you longed for some bike when you first thought that you wanted to ride.  You browsed through all the magazines available and visited the dealers multiple times wishing one day soon your minimum wage job will get you the down payment for this thing.  After the dream came true, it was definitely worth the wait.  I don't think we all started on a Guzzi but we all should keep an open mind on what riding really means.  Yeah you are not a "drag racer" but we all know why we ride.........it all started with SPEED and the Japanese bike rules in this arena.  All other BS answers on why we ride now should remind us why we started riding in gthe first place.  Get off your high horse and just pick a bike or bikes and have fun with it.  Shit this subject is tiring, Just f*&&&ing ride or get off.

Regards,

Cliche

90121[/snapback]

Now go and wash your mouth out.

People ride bikes for all sorts of reasons. In my own case, it was the only form of motorised transport I could use without puking my ring up. Speed didn't come into it. Lack of vomit did.

m

V rod is the perfect  ladies bike! A friend of mine bought a new Harley only to trade it in a few weeks later on bigger, fatter more chomed out version because everyone teased him about buying a girls bike. Most female riders here ride Harleys, low cg I guess and maybe that bad girl image.

waspp

90150[/snapback]

Most female riders just don't know about the Guzzi vibes. Otherwise they would be lining up to buy them ;)

Point well made. Though in my case, it has never been about speed.

There are various sub-cultures of motorcycle owners who don't ride. As in; ride to work, ride to church, ride to the store, in the rain, or ride 2000 miles.

For many of the bike owners of the United States, and perhaps elsewhere, a bike is simply a weekend toy, not unlike a power boat, or a set of snow skis.

Nothing wrong with that... and nice if you can afford such toys.

I've been through several dozen bikes. Bikes as an occupation, a hobby, and as a sole means of transportation. I've tried all the design variations and brands that a very modest income could rationally afford. All had merits, and all had flaws.

Japanese fours have speed. Italian twins have charm and good handling. German twins have longevity and dealer support. British twins have character. And American twins have a turnkey lifestyle (whether you wanted one or not).

If you can afford a weekend toy, great! You are more prosperous than I.

Ride whatever pleases you. Ride often. Ride to work, and in the rain.

I'll see you on the road...

PS; And if I snickered at your chrome plated boat anchor, and fringed leather jacket, then I do apologize. I simply could not help myself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ride every day from 1985 to 2001 (birth of my daughter). I crossed this great country twice on a Ducati F1b. I've done 1000 mile days on a GSXR. I ride for fun, commute, in the rain, in the snow once or twice, on black ice, etc etc.... But it all started for me with speed and the occasion adrenaline rush. Now I just ride 3-4 days a week to sooth my soul and the weekend I spend with my family. Again, it is not about the type of bike that you can afford or the style of riding you do ---- it is just about motorcycling and its affect on our ............(you fill in the blank).

V rod is the perfect  ladies bike! A friend of mine bought a new Harley only to trade it in a few weeks later on bigger, fatter more chomed out version because everyone teased him about buying a girls bike. Most female riders here ride Harleys, low cg I guess and maybe that bad girl image.

waspp

90150[/snapback]

Geez, I always thought the Skirtster [sportster] was the girls bike.

Ciao, Steve G.

Geez, I always thought the Skirtster [sportster] was the girls bike.

Ciao, Steve G.

90245[/snapback]

True, the Sportster (especially the 883) is well known as a girls bike, but I have noticed a fair amount of ladies riding V Rods.

waspp