Totti was cold as ice

and crushed Australias dream.

0J1H8N2R--280x190.jpg

scwarz.jpg

Italy played a extremly tactical game,

specially after the send off of Materazzi

Lippi just didn't think the Australian was

good enough to break through the italian

defense. Maybe a gamble, but he was right.

Italy had the best chances, even if they let the

ozzies roll the ball.

Ukrainia or Switzerland in the quaterfinal does

not sound too bad for gli Azzurri. the real test will

be the semi against Argentina (or Germany).

93362[/snapback]

nothing new about the azuris , though I like them I have to say that they do get luck on their side to win.(also a habit from the past)

Quite the oppoite with teams as Germany and Argentina that thy have to meet so early IMO this should have been a semi-final match (if not to say final)

Both teams are perhaps the best of the bunch (so far) and hopefully one of them gets the Cup.

:bier:

Quite a pity that Netherlands lost the match , they were better though not scoring

was more importand. Figo should have got the RED insted fo yellow card and that would turn the game to how it should be.

We have beaten the Portug 2 tims in Euro champion and got the Euro Cup.

Now it's Englands time to beat them but I doupt for the cup and perhaps for that win.

obviously (at least for the ones I know) the 'Lions' play very lazy

Brazil did what was needed against Ghana, and no more, not at all. -_-

BUT

the old farts from France finally woke up,

it was the Zidane of old days. Marvellous!!

Spain is cursed, cursed, cursed!

Again they have a brilliant team not capable of winning

important matches.

france.jpg

Guest Nogbad
Brazil did what was needed against Ghana, and no more, not at all.  -_-

BUT

the old farts from France finally woke up,

it was the Zidane of old days. Marvellous!!

Spain is cursed, cursed, cursed!

Again they have a brilliant team not capable of winning

important matches.

93449[/snapback]

Great game though, apart from the poor free kick decision that was the opposite of fairness. Not that I think it detracts from a great French performance.

Can they beat Brazil?? I wouldn't rule it out, and might even have a punt if the odds are long enough.

Not that I think it detracts from a great French performance.

93451[/snapback]

They were brilliant, weren't they? I nearly overturned my bath chair, cheering. Zidane's just been getting the rest due his age, and fooling everyone.

Can they beat Brazil?? I wouldn't rule it out, and might even have a punt if the odds are long enough.

I hope they do if they play on their good character like today.Brazilieros have already bitter experiences when opposing France (see also '86)

Brazil seem to play sly on the rooster right now. Just rely on offsides trickery to get them goals, though they have skilfull players for scoring. Their defence is pittyfull :P , even Ghana had their chances so "easy" to break through, if they had a Zidane as shooter they may as well have made it. :bbblll:

Dunno if that's on purpose but a great team don't allow so many holes in defence, or perhaps is the "new " century brazil where good show is out and tactical play is "in". Players have became like models and "politicaly correct" and all that stuff.

The Brazil that kicked a$$ was the one with Romario (IMO best player since Pele for brazil) but he had to be left out for "politicaly correct" models (i.e.Ronaldo :bbblll: ), y' see he was the "bad" guy with the "outside" lifestyle.

P.S. had anyone noticed the too easy yellow cards that are flowing (and I don't mean the match Netherlands-Portugal) Soccer is about to become the "sissy's" game. Why that don't finnaly call it basketball with foot in a large field with a large "basket" ... :wacko:

Guest Nogbad

P.S. had anyone noticed the too easy yellow cards that are flowing (and I don't mean the match Netherlands-Portugal) Soccer is about to become the "sissy's" game. Why that don't finnaly call it basketball with foot in a large field with a large "basket" ... :wacko:

93464[/snapback]

Yes, but the Netherlands - Portugal game showed signs of wanting to disintegrate into a schoolyard brawl. OK the ref was poor, and didn't take the right line at the beginning, but the teams played dirty.

The France - Spain game seemed a clean one, and the ref was better, although towards the end maybe he thought he might be criticised for not booking enough.

What did you think of Switzerland - Ukraine? This was a boring game where both teams seemed to be trying not to lose, rather than to win. Maybe the Ukrainians knew the Swiss were weak taking penalties? :glare:

What did you think of Switzerland - Ukraine? This was a boring game where both teams seemed to be trying not to lose, rather than to win. Maybe the Ukrainians knew the Swiss were weak taking penalties?  :glare:

Well more or less nowdays football has become of ''trying not to loose'' kin of game with tactics and so on. And that match was exactlly lke this , with the ''Switzerlander'' who didn't want to score even from the penalty mark. :P , pittyfull indeed

Guest Nogbad
Well more or less nowdays football has become of ''trying not to loose'' kin of game with tactics and so on. And that match was  exactlly lke this , with the ''Switzerlander'' who didn't want to score even from the penalty mark. :P , pittyfull  indeed

93493[/snapback]

You can't say the French weren't trying to win yesterday! Even after it didn't really matter comes the Zidane finale. I guess France - Brazil will be interesting. The French need to let their old squad rest a plenty before that one.

Guest Nogbad
I meant the Switzerland mats in my sayings mostly, not that one.

93596[/snapback]

:stupid: Switzerland were crap. So were Ukraine until the penalties.

I anticipate that Ukraine will get slaughtered by Li Azzuri.