Power Commander tuning

Tom M

....balance the throttle bodies, calibrate the throttle position sensors, have new correctly gapped plugs, freshly adjusted valves, and a clean air filter as a baseline before creating a custom map on the dyno...

...I have made or had all the adjustments that you mentioned done recently to my bike...I guess it's time to ride the dear Le Mans over the mountain to the dyno shop.....

I had bike dynoed after xover/Ti kit/filter/airbox - well worth the trouble. Every bike's different & dyno can match tune to specifics of that bike, generic map will just get you in the ballpark. But to get the most out of dyno it's essential that all adjustments/settings you mention are optimized beforehand otherwise your wasting time & money.

Not sure that Guzzis "race" ECU's can be trusted to match their own kit mods - mine ran as well, tho differently, on stock ECU before dyno.

KB :sun:

A possible easy fix to reduce pinking (aka pinging) is switching to a different type of spark plug.

Iridium IX plugs have a smaller centre electrode and do not get as hot as a regular spark plug and are therefore less likely to encourage pinging.

They are more expensive than regular spark plugs but do make a difference, albeit not removing pinking completely.

No substitute though for altering your ignition curve which is what I have had done by HTM.

Guy :helmet:

I had bike dynoed after xover/Ti kit/filter/airbox - well worth the trouble. Every bike's different & dyno can match tune to specifics of that bike, generic map will just get you in the ballpark. But to get the most out of dyno it's essential that all adjustments/settings you mention are optimized beforehand otherwise your wasting time & money.

Not sure that Guzzis "race" ECU's can be trusted to match their own kit mods - mine ran as well, tho differently, on stock ECU before dyno.

KB :sun:

93330[/snapback]

KB,

Would you mind sending me a copy of your map? I'd love to compare it to mine. PM or email me if this might be possible.

Thanks,

Tom