Oh NO! I'm a collector!

Guest Nogbad

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nogbad

Collected it today.

Starts, runs and sounds healthy. Better condition all round than I might expect for the price. Has been on a "daylight" MOT and has no lights, I have the headlamp shell, rear light and some weird mica and tin switchgear.

I am either going to have to sort original parts, loom etc or I will invent the entire thing from scratch using modern LEDs to save power with custom calculated resistors for 6V. It isn't beyond me to manufacture a 6V electronic flasher or even a rec/reg. Maybe I should see if some 12V alternator can be installed.......

Hmmmm What to do......

The great thing is that the engine turns out to have a gear selector shaft that runs right through and is available both sides, so I can convert very easily to a left shift / right brake layout.

Not really; this is what a real off road bike looks like.

http://www.borderbikes.co.uk/2ndhand/mzisdt.jpg

Although I've spent more than my share of time green laning on Guzzis.

mike

93575[/snapback]

I learnt to ride on a Jawa 250 swedish army bike when I was 17.

Very similar to the MZ

56_jawa___.jpg

It was really bad on-road AND off-road.

Lacked a lot of power, and 40 kg too heavy.

Modern enduro bikes are a true blessing

The Stornello is really cool, and hard too kill too.

A friend of mine had one 20 years ago and it is still

on the road in Finland. God knows how many youngsters

have ridden it through the years.

Congratulations to Nogbad Sr and Jr.

Very similar to the MZ

Not. The pictured machine is a factory sold ISDT replica, for its time scarily fast and handles well. More suprisingly, it's very reliable and capable of being ridden in a docile manner on the road. Its biggest fault is the, er, healthy crackle from the exhaust.

The Jawa has a number of excellent attributes but it is not easily compared to the MZ. Rather like comparing a Quota to an ISDE machine.

mike

Guest Nogbadsson

Very similar to the MZ

56_jawa___.jpg

It was really bad on-road AND off-road.

Lacked a lot of power, and 40 kg too heavy.

Modern enduro bikes are a true blessing

The Stornello is really cool, and hard too kill too.

A friend of mine had one 20 years ago and it is still

on the road in Finland. God knows how many youngsters

have ridden it through the years.

Congratulations to Nogbad Sr and Jr.

93600[/snapback]

the stornello needs some work but we've got it to start after a replacement of petrol and a check of the spark plug. It needs all new eletricals (mainly because it doesn't have any), Lights and indicators, A new seat (A restoration of the original) and slightly raised bars rather than shabby clip-ons (so i can fit my lanky self on). Can't wait! :P:

the stornello needs some work but we've got it to start after a replacement of petrol and a check of the spark plug. It needs all new eletricals (mainly because it doesn't have any), Lights and indicators, A new seat (A restoration of the original) and slightly raised bars rather than shabby clip-ons (so i can fit my lanky self on). Can't wait! :P:

93807[/snapback]

oh no its not too late stray away from the dark side go towards the light. Guzzi is like a curse you cannot shake. :ninja:

ah most ppl want to rebel from their fathers in this case I would say honda? :D

I am actually thinking of giving the guzzi I have now to my boy in 14years. :mg:

lets just hope he wants it(or it still works) :luigi:

Guest Nogbadsson
oh no its not too late stray away from the dark side go towards the light. Guzzi is like a curse you cannot shake.  :ninja:

ah most ppl want to rebel from their fathers in this case I would say honda?  :D

I am actually thinking of giving the guzzi I have now to my boy in 14years.  :mg:

lets just hope he wants it(or it still works)  :luigi:

93808[/snapback]

I'd rather not prance about on a honda CG thanks! I think the guzzi curse has gripped me allready I haven't even riden the little monster yet and i feel so attatched to it!

Guest ratchethack
Nah! That's a poofters bike! If you want to go off road you'd use a Villiers :grin:  (NOT!)

Pete

Heh, heh . . . . . I had a Villiers 197 cc, circa 1951(?) with the loudest small-end con-rod I've ever heard. Sold it to a guy who said he was gonna use it for "hillclimbing". :homer:

Heh, heh . . . . . I had a Villiers 197 cc, circa 1951(?) with the loudest small-end con-rod I've ever heard.  Sold it to a guy who said he was gonna use it for "hillclimbing". :homer:

93984[/snapback]

Probably for strapping to the front forks as ballast.