starter button

Guest glennm

Guest glennm

purchased brand new v11 bellibio 1/6/06 had to ride in light rain ever since then the starter button has played up.any sugestions please.

post-2621-1151924116_thumb.jpg

Guest Rocker
purchased brand new v11 bellibio 1/6/06 had to ride in light rain ever since then the starter button has played up.any sugestions please.

93934[/snapback]

ABSOLUTELY. JUST SOAK THE IGNITION BARRELL IN WD40 - leave for a few hours and BINGO it will start.

KEEP ALL MOISTURE OUT OF THEBARRELL esp. when washing the 'bike (and carry a portable can of spray for occasional use).

Rockerob.

Guest glennm
ABSOLUTELY. JUST SOAK THE IGNITION BARRELL IN WD40 - leave for a few hours and BINGO it will start.

KEEP ALL MOISTURE OUT OF THEBARRELL esp. when washing the 'bike (and carry a portable can of spray for occasional use).

Rockerob.

93937[/snapback]

thanks mate i will give it a go

Guest MotoMessiah

I would assume dialetic grease liberally coated would help as well to keep some of the moisture away. It does on my buell. Different bike I realize, but...

93934[/snapback]

I'd see if the dealer could get a fix under warranty. I ended up replacing mine after having some intermittent starting issues, always at the most inopportune times. Problem solved, peace of mind restored.

Phil

Guest glennm
:bier: thanks for your help guys,found some spay in the cupboard called go contact cleaner made by crc seamed to have worked ok so far.i will cover electrical parts when i wash the bike,but as for rain?it dosnt rain much here,and for the bike,i love it.

Guest JimFitz
:bier: thanks for your help guys,found some spay in the cupboard called go contact cleaner made by crc seamed to have worked ok so far.i will cover electrical parts when i wash the bike,but as for rain?it dosnt rain much here,and for the bike,i love it.

94266[/snapback]

Glenn:

For what its worth, I'd take Phil up on his suggestion. I have an 04 Ballabio with 7,500 miles- the last 7,000 of which have been trouble free. Upon first owning the bike, I had a problem with the starter/kill switch which would either cause the bike not to start, (initially) or simpy die, on the road, at speed, (as things progressed). The short story: I had the switch assembly replaced and haven't had any trouble since. Glad you love the bike- I do too. You should be able to ride it any time you want, rain or shine, and without aerosol cleaner support. There are those who would say a little guzzi ritual is part of owning a guzzi, I'm not one of those people. Best of luck.

JF

94266[/snapback]

Be aware that some contact cleaners will have a very adverse effect on some plastics.

Try the switch replacement mentioned above.

My 03 LeMans was dying in left hand curves. Had the switch replaced under warranty and no more problems (Thanks Neds). No more cutting out or hard starting.