Question for the faithful?

99d12

Not sure how this got so far off topic???

Thanks for all your views on this question. I appreciate the input!

I will be getting the 04 Cafe Sport, already made a deposit on my new baby. Should be able to get it next week.

Thanks!

David

I'm a little late posting, but happy to hear you got the Cafe. No it may not be as "modern" as the Breva...but it at least has some soul. For anyone looking at the Brevas, please test ride before you take the plunge. I absolutely hated the Breva 1100...this is aside from the what I think are fugly looks and way too much plastic. It was like riding a BMW...the bike didn't speak to me nor impress me. Then again, if I actually liked Beemer tourers and was in the market for one...then a Breva 1100 would be a sweet bike. haha. No offense to the Breva owners out there....to each their own....just not for me. :)

cheers and enjoy the new V11

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OEM SuperTwin frame is good but suspension unit must be upgrade to ohlins stuff like other race bike.

Just waiting for the Aluminium reinforced Zebulon swing arm :drink::luigi::food:

I have heared that the place that the rear suspension is joined to the frame is weak, I mean there is bolt seats and or bolts of aluminium or something like that , and that is a minus to the "lasting" of the whole thing.Quite unreliable as an old salesmant that used to sell them said to me.(so he claimed)

Is it true? I have visited Chezzi Brian last year (Brian) and at the moment I didn't have heared about that rummor, so I didn't examine the bike. He told me that you have done a great job considering your project, (yes that's true too)

The looks and feel of the bike are awesome and with the 2V engine it wins a place as a choice for me.

Though I would like to buld my self since I would like to have öhlins and already have some extra parts like brakes and instruments.Never involved in such project though and don't know where to start. :huh2: ....anyways. Most importand was what I heared about the frame so the idea was blocked.

:bier:

About the theme of the thread, my opinion is this go ride both of them and buy the one that feels more confortable and looks good, for you, All Guzzis are beautifull so I wouldn't emphasise at the looks so much. Of cource it does play a role in riding. A bike that inspires(both in riding feel and looks) you is also most enjoyable to ride, any time.(I believe). Sound as I have noticed on both bikes (Cafe Sport and Breva 1100) is unmistakable Guzzi though more powerfull on the Breva.Anyways this can always corrected with an exaust.

If you are interested on some tech stuf here is one. According to the Aquile magazine (official MOTO Guzzi magazine) the new motor of the breva (same on Norge but 1200cc)no3 Dec2004 goes: " The Breva's V-twin has been run hundreds of hours on the test bench and has also been subjected to 60000 miles of gruelling FULL GAS testing on a rolling road equivalent to about 200000 miles of typical engine life

I have a little Breva and a V11 CS. They are both magnificent machines.

I rode the Breva 1100. It handles well, has a super tranny and hauls the mail. I would recommend this bike to all who are interested. The new MG bikes are splendid and the Norjay will be an ST of record in the years to come.

However MG had a hell of a sale on the V11s.

Could not resist, i just love the bike.

The V11 CS performs well as far as I am concerned. The gear box is OK, the suspension is ace number one shit hot plu plus perfect being Olins. It has plenty of Carbonne, more would be better. The motor is pretty torquey and makes the bike feel like a real motorcycle thumping away as it does.

My other bikes are mundane. A Yamaha FJR1300 AE leads the group. However the longest ride I did in one day was on my CS. East of Monroe NC to Rockwall TX 6.30am to 10.30pm. i just love that bike.

The little Breva is more of a scooter or starter bike for most people especially the Ladies for whom the bike is absolutley perfect. It is a great bike for those of short stature wanting to learn the art of motorcycling.. Good for local stuff as well as trekking into the hinterland. I rode the little guy on the same route as the CS from NC to TX and sat at 80 to 90 when not being observed. It is a fine easy to handle all round bike.

Took a couple of days on that trip though!

The new Guzzis are absolutely wonderful bikes. However I just love bikes with a little history. V11s are part of it.

Its always hard to choose between equally excellent machines, but my :2c: would be go with the Breva. I was at first unimpressed from the pics i saw of this bike early on but after seeing it in the flesh I am a believer!. It is a stunning motorcycle! I found it to be a bike that was capable of doing many things very well, large enough to throw some hard bags on it and tour with the best, balanced and nimble to enjoy those twisties and excellent fit and finish to attract the attention of others. I must say the Griso would be my first c pick just beacuse its so cool but the Breva is right there as well, probably a better all around motorcycle.

waspp