OHLINS

S251

Dear forum

The long and sorry tale of my SCURA and Ohlins continues.

The fork seals are on back order, apparently none here in Sydney or Australia. Another 2 weeks off the road.

They tell me the seals are 11mm high. Does anyone know the correct part number for the original item and or substitue part and where to get them. :!:

Thanks

S251

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't have the details to hand I'll dig em out later.

Ohlins shop in Manchester, Kais Suspension here in UK do em from stock. Not sure if they'll send to OZ or if it's worth persuing but their number is 01942 896 366 (UK) .

KB :sun:

The fork seals are on back order, apparently none here in Sydney or Australia. Another 2 weeks off the road.

I've gotten them from Aprillia and Ducati dealers. Give those a shot.

johnk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, my V11 Cafe Sport 2004, with only 5000 miles on the clock, the front forks/ ohlins are already knackered. Front forks right side was leaking oil, oil seals were replaced under warranty march 2006. Covered 200 miles by June 2006, they were leaking again.Since June 2006 the rear shock is leaking oil and knocking so bad unable to ride bike. It has taken Moto Guzzi 6 weeks to authorise replacement of front forks/ohlins, and rear shock absorber. Now August, and my main dealer still has not received parts (whole of Italy shut down for summer)!!!!!. One of the best summers in UK and I have not been able to ride my bike!!!!!!!!

WILL I BUY ANOTHER GUZZI........? NOT ON YOUR LIFE!!!!

GOT 10K TO SPEND ON A TOURER, BUT WHEN YOU BUY A TOURER YOU NEED GOOD BACK UP I.E PARTS, EFFICIENCY etc, FROM THE DEALERS, AND THAT IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE MANUFACTURER, SO NOW WILL ONLY CONSIDER BUYING BMW, OR HONDA, WILL IT BE THE NEW 'NORGE' NEVER!!! NEVER!!!! NEVER!!!!!!. IF IT WERE NOT FOR THE DEPRECIATION, I'D SELL THE BLOODY BIKE!!! IT COST£8500. FROM NEW AND I'VE SPENT £££££ ON IT, AND IT LOOKS STUNNING, BUT CANNOT USE IT!!!!!!

100_5223.jpg

Hi all, my V11 Cafe Sport 2004, with only 5000 miles on the clock, the front forks/ ohlins are already knackered. Front forks right side was leaking oil, oil seals were replaced under warranty march 2006. Covered 200 miles by June 2006, they were leaking again.Since June 2006 the rear shock is leaking oil and knocking so bad unable to ride bike. It has taken Moto Guzzi 6 weeks to authorise replacement of front forks/ohlins, and rear shock absorber. Now August, and my main dealer still has not received parts (whole of Italy shut down for summer)!!!!!. One of the best summers in UK and I have not been able to ride my bike!!!!!!!!

WILL I BUY ANOTHER GUZZI........? NOT ON YOUR LIFE!!!!

GOT 10K TO SPEND ON A TOURER, BUT WHEN YOU BUY A TOURER YOU NEED GOOD BACK UP I.E PARTS, EFFICIENCY etc, FROM THE DEALERS, AND THAT IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE MANUFACTURER, SO NOW WILL ONLY CONSIDER BUYING BMW, OR HONDA, WILL IT BE THE NEW 'NORGE' NEVER!!! NEVER!!!! NEVER!!!!!!. IF IT WERE NOT FOR THE DEPRECIATION, I'D SELL THE BLOODY BIKE!!! IT COST£8500. FROM NEW AND I'VE SPENT £££££ ON IT, AND IT LOOKS STUNNING, BUT CANNOT USE IT!!!!!!

100_5223.jpg

I know it's not much in the way of consolation, but your bike looks stunning with the pork chops, wheels, et al painted gold.

WOW thats so clean, I have done over 10,000 miles on my cafe sport and had nothing but a big grin since i got it, the ohlins are going for a service very shortly and the only thing that has broke is the speedo cable.I think ohlins are meant to be quite high maintenance but mines seem to thrive on neglect, but its a bloody shame you cant enjoy that beauty this summer. :mg::race:

Gary

Sad to hear MG have not matched the quality of their after sales to the quality of the new bikes. Is your MG dealer in this matter also the supplying dealer? This is all under warranty?

KB :sun:

......they were leaking again.Since June 2006 the rear shock is leaking oil and knocking so bad unable to ride bike......

It has taken Moto Guzzi 6 weeks to authorise replacement of front forks/ohlins, and rear shock absorber. Now August, and my main dealer still has not received parts (whole of Italy shut down for summer)!!!!!.

100_5223.jpg

To tell you the truth I am surprized to hear all the about ohlins , though I never trust anything else than WP on me Guzzi,over 45K km in 2.5years, and everything works perfect.

That's so stupid that everything closes up for vacation, in my country is the same thing, nothing works (anyway it doesn't...LMAO ) especially now , till mid-end August, it sucks .

Dunno how's in Itally

Coool looking bike , :2c: nice compromise between being to much or too few c014.gif

hope your issue to be soon resolved.