I bought a gun to prepare for WW3

On the other hand . . .

The tritium sight is a remarkable device especially in conjunction with a lithium tactical lamp. But has anyone used these new HALO devices? They look the state of the art for target aquisition.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest golden goose

The "trick" in the question regarding wrongful death revolves around the definition of the term. We could, if you wish, define it as those individuals that are wrongfully executed.

And therein lies the very trick itself. Murder, by its very definition is wrongful death. I would be very interested if anyone can turn up a verifiable figure for murders in 2005 or 2004. You see, by focusing on those poor folks that are put to death wrongfully by the legal system (if you know anything about lawyering, or watched the OJ trial, then you know that justice has nothing to do with the legal system), bleeding hearts are by the very definition of "wrongful death" getting only a miniscule portion of the entire point.

Which is my point entirely.

Guest golden goose

If life insurance actuaries were not prohibited from conducting their formulations based on identifying and separating bleeding heart, dark and purply, lighter-than-nitrous oxide Remulacian mentalities vs. grounded, rational, earthbound mentalities, I reckon you and I might well be enjoying substantial reductions on our premiums. . . . :thumbsup:

But o' course, that would be SO politically incorrect, wouldn't it? Increasingly, we have the fine art of political propaganda leading the sheeple to reward the negligent, ignorant, and irresponsible behavior of others by getting them to pay for that behavior in the form of redistribution of wealth via taxes. This is of course, nothing more than organized theft, which should never be tolerated in any society worthy of calling itself "free". But I digress. . . .

well under Chm. Mao? :whistle:

But o' course (Part II), such historical facts as these aren't widely disseminated in the captive Liberal media. It seems that publishing such facts would be politically incorrect. :homer:

Go ahead and digress Ratchet, I m diggin it too. It is hilarious to me that the very ones that tend to croak so loudly about responsibility have no inkling of what that entails. It is a very honorable thing to want to correct and release criminals back into society. But before you ponder on that sort of thing much further, you should visit a prison. I have chased plumes under the skirts of two prisons and been through all the rigamorol of security clearances and months and months of living my professional life on prisons. There is no atmosphere there that I can imagine that will correct a single thing. I no longer believe this is humanly possible. Because, dare I say this? I am no longer convinced we are talking about humans. Protohumans, yes, undoubtedly. The very latest research continues to get closer and closer to the "missing link". As a geologist, I question the need to look in the ground for this.

So, please, come take my gun collection. At 52 and counting, I have never pointed one in someone elses direction. You will have accomplished precisely nothing in terms of reducing the potential for crime. Do the math! No interest in decimating someone with a firearm in over half a century? Oops, JC, I just didn't realize this put me on the same plane with Mao!!!! If you wanted to collect firearms in the US, you needed to start 200 years ago to have any real effect. Personally, I am utterly convinced that the crime rates reflect a wondrously feminine, and distant, application of misguided stupidity (imagine what more damage you could rend with stupidity properly guided!). But you would have little joy today.

I simply disagree, viscerally, with bleeding hearts. I offer you zero mercy and, hopefully, you will never extend any to me. I don't think I could stomach the incredibly convoluted nature of it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...