Whatever happened to Northern CA Guzzi Folks?

Now I know a few of us moved away(myself and Carl), and some sold their bikes(Joe if I recall), but there used to be a fairly healthy V11 and general MG contingent in the NorCal area.

But I haven't seen any ride reports or other gatherings in a long time.

Any reported sightings? :whistle:

Now I know a few of us moved away(myself and Carl), and some sold their bikes(Joe if I recall), but there used to be a fairly healthy V11 and general MG contingent in the NorCal area.

But I haven't seen any ride reports or other gatherings in a long time.

Any reported sightings? :whistle:

Yah, that's what I wanna know too!

I finally actually own the bike of my dreams and my local (albeit 300 miles away) support has disappeared...what's with that? :huh2:

Still here and kicking for me, though the work on the bike is non-stop recently.

Fabricating brackets as we speak to make the magni faring stop rattling, and, will shortly be installing the sidecase racks... and the new speedometer cable... and then back to some serious miles.

Hope to see some rides soon. Was thinking about trying 25 between Hollister and King City sometime soon.

Consequently, I was riding Rt 9 6-7 weeks back and ran into a fellow Guzzi rider.. we're out there...

- Joe K

04 Cafe Sport

84 V65SP

• 2 weeks later...

I rode (Tom's old, my new) Le Mans up to Alice's last Saturday to try and avoid the heat at Laguna Seca (we abandoned the day at the track). Our route included Rt. 9, 35 & 84. It didn't work too well, but the Coast ride home through Santa Cruz sure was nice. JediOne and I had a great day of about 350 miles or so. I'll post a few photos as soon as I get them from Jedi.

My riding miles have been pitiful for the last couple of months. Between my gas tank debacle (don't ask), work insanity, and my wife's mother being ill, it seems like I've barely been on it.

I think the worst is behind me though and I'm ready to ride if someones got a suggestion. During the heat wave, it was way too hot down in South San Benito County. Last Sunday I rode around the Santa Cruz mountains where it was only about 90. Eventually I had to come back over the hill where my bike thermometer informed me it was 115 just West of Hollister. Nasty!

If anyone is coming over to 25 or anywhere else around here, give me a shout.

I'm another who'd like to see some sort of get together - based on the forum, I thought these came with the bike? As a recent rider, new to Guzzi, I'd enjoy and benefit from talking with others about their experiences and opinions. East bay area (Walnut Creek). Lots of questions, no answers. :huh2:

The roads in California are way more fun than here in Oklahoma. But I can afford to live on retirement pay in Oklahoma and not in California or I'd still be there and definitely up for a couple of rides. Meanwhile, it's just too hot for much of anything so the bikes have been sitting for months. Except for the silly Ural, in the morning I drive it to the store to buy a paper.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be doing a ride Sunday morning (8/20) if anyone wants to join up. Plan is to leave the Starbucks in Hollister (not one of the ones inside another store) around 9:30 AM. Not sure of the destination yet. If it's mild like it's been, perhaps take 25 and Los Gatos Rd to Coalinga and come back via Panoche.

Or maybe somewhere else entirely.

Mark

Like I posted on the Centauro forum- I'm wanting to informally take off Saturday and go east over Ebbetts Pass to Marklyville and Monitor Pass but I'm open to ther things..... you are leaving Sunday???

• 3 weeks later...

"Guzzi's By The Sea" (a gathering of eagles) is happening October 6th, 7th and 8th at the Doran Beach Campground in Bodega Bay, CA.

I'm planning on riding down Saturday, spending the night at a local motel and riding back on Sunday.

For more information you can contact Don Van Zandt, MGNOC NorCal Rep at: mowtow@earthlink.net

I'm planning on attending the Eggle's Gathering, at least Saturday. To this point I have not encountered another LeMans on the road and its time this was corrected. Am hoping to learn the secret handshake and pick up closely guarded information like; what glue will successfully hold the center dash mounting well nut? Am so anxious that I practiced yesterday with a quick trip to Hog Island Oyster Co, Valley Ford, Bodega, lunch @ Howard's Cafe in Occidental. Beautiful rodes and wonderful country. :bike: To finish a perfect day, I used gap-filling epoxy on the wellnut, since silicone lasted two days. (Am not up to the extreme of either "JB Welding" the whole kebob, and my growing collection of button head metric screws doesn't yet include one long enough to through-bolt.....)

BTW Dr. Gil: I'd appreciate a route recommendation for scenic one-day ride between Napa and Ashland. Say you had 9 hrs drive time for the trip? Hoping to make a loop staying one night with friends in Ashland, Another night with friends in Lakeview (Goose Lake). Then a long day home by most scenic. Ideers?

[snip]

BTW Dr. Gil: I'd appreciate a route recommendation for scenic one-day ride between Napa and Ashland. Say you had 9 hrs drive time for the trip? Hoping to make a loop staying one night with friends in Ashland, Another night with friends in Lakeview (Goose Lake). Then a long day home by most scenic. Ideers?

Dog, I'm awfully fond of Hwy 96 from Willow Creek, CA up to where it intersects Interstate 5. If I were you I would head out of Napa over to Hwy 101, go north up to Arcata, CA (stopping off in Eureka to say "hi" to me of course) then east over to Willow Creek on Hwy 299, then north-easterly along the Klamath River (sweeping, river road...the kind Guzzi's are best at) to I-5, then north on the slab up to Ashland. 471 miles according to MS Streets and Trips.

My wife and I made a 3 day round trip last summer from our home in Eureka to Ashland. A second option would be for you to go up the way we returned. On up 101 to Crescent City and then along the Smith River on Hwy 199, then through Cave Junction.

I have a trip report of that ride posted HERE if you're interested...just ignore all the non-motorcycle specific stuff ;)

Perfesser Gil: The trip report to Ashland was keen, but there was no evidence of a Guzzi anywhere! (I'm yet another Champagne '02). Its shocked and A-Pauled I am. Look forward to chace to see you amongs the other eggles. Perhaps you can enlighten me as to why there is so little overlap of the MGNOC and V11 LeMans crowd. Beyond your post, I can't recall this gathering receiving any mention. And I'm suprised that almost all respondants to "Where in the heck are the NorCal Guzzisti?" are ex-NorCal residents. I don't wanna find out this is a politically charged thing. Better apathy than antipathy, I always say.