Happy to be a Road Geez

Guest ratchethack

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

It's not the power. It's how you use it.

If you want 200bhp you should be free to buy it.

Well you could buy Ghostrider's bike. Wasn't it for sale a short while ago, maybe still is – as he has decided to be a bit more careful and responsible and mindful of mortality?

Well you could buy Ghostrider's bike. Wasn't it for sale a short while ago, maybe still is – as he has decided to be a bit more careful and responsible and mindful of mortality?

Well , I think he made good money out of it as well. In Germany alone has sold over 100,000 DVDs (before its last one)

It's my alter ego.

I thought it was fairly...

I thought it was a fairy.

Like Nogbad.

This is the type of attractive ornament that most Road Geez' like to have as a focal point in their homes

32223.jpg

apart from Nogbad, who prefers a nice frosted creation such as

32400.jpg

Like Nogbad.

This is the type of attractive ornament that most Road Geez' like to have as a focal point in their homes

32223.jpg

32400.jpg

i think ratch might build miniature ships and own a very small army along with a navy which are called into battle on his command. and stored in fine wooden boxes on mahogany shelves whilst he's out being a road geez. : :rasta:

Guest Nogbad

Like Nogbad.

32223.jpg

32400.jpg

Nice to see you around again Belfry.

Certainly got my taste in ornaments right.

Yours with wings and soppy stardust.

Nog

Guest ratchethack

32223.jpg

Well, BFG, I will say that being an erstwhile sailor of a sort, having successfully passed long ago through both o' the two happiest days of a boat owner's life [ahem] -_- , and still doing as much PHRF racing as circumstances allow (I crew on Rushlight, a North American 40) -- a fine model of a ship would certainly make a splendid center of attraction in the Road Geez domicile.

But for the time being, a fine reproducuction of Magic v Cambria dueling it out at the Sandy Hook Lightship in the 1870 America's Cup challenge, framed on the wall of my office, is as close as I have to a model.

BTW - nautical propriety would of course forbid cheap gift store tchatchkis such as the one above. I'd need a true work of fine craftsmanship with authenticity and technical accuracy down to the finest detail -- such as the several that one of my sailing Pals has created (from "scratch") in his home workshop.

But good call, anyway. ;):P

FWIW - for any o' you Englanders who might be interested, Franklin Osgood's Magic, being the smallest yacht in the New York Harbor fleet in the above immemorialized 1870 America's Cup challenge at 84' LOA, set a new NYYC record for the inside course, reaching 12 knots, defeating her closest rival, England's James Ashbury and his Cambria. That speed, my friends, ain't no small feat even today -- and it ain't no bull, either. ;):sun:

Here's another artist's interpretation of the same historic race with Magic in the foreground:

post-1212-1156545323_thumb.jpg

sailor of a sort

Re. Road Geez: I knew it!

Re. Nagbod: I of course meant to post a retraction straight away, but somehow omitted to do so.

Oldnag's no fairy cakefcakes3.jpg no way

more of a fruit cakefruitcake.JPG oh no

I retract that forthwith. The man is a good honest (if slightly spiced)

rock cake117777639_8f6fddb72b_m.jpg. He's got a Buell for goddness sakes