New Quiz 25th July*

Guest Nogbad

This quiz is somewhat unusual, in that I don't know the answer. I am going to describe a Guzzi, and you lot are going to tell me what it is, and whether I should have bought it.

Back in about 1993, I test rode a secondhand red Guzzi. I wanted it, but the wife (now ex) refused to countenance the spending. Unfortunately I can't remember the plate year letter so I have no idea of the age of the machine at the time. This was an unusual machine:

Trail styled bike

350cc

Red

I cannot find a picture or any information on it so:

What was it?

Can you post a picture?

Would it have given me fettling heartache or riding pleasure?

Guest Nogbad

Hey! That's it!

The question is, should I have bought it? The one I tried didn't seem to have 45bhp!

Anyway, I dunno if DeBen will give you a point for this, but I think you should have one!

The question is, should I have bought it? The one I tried didn't seem to have 45bhp!

I don't know. The moment has gone. It would only give you something else to hate the 1st Mrs Nogbad for. Let it go.

If you were looking for a small dual purpose bike now I'd suggest a Suzuki DR350/Yamaha XT350 or perhaps a pukka enduro/trail bike.

Now if one came up now, it might be worth a dabble mainly for novelty value. It would OK also for Nogbadson once he's passed his test and on a restricted license for 2 years. 45hp :bbblll: it will be well within the 25kw (33hp) limit

Cute commuter as long as you don't have any traffic-light GPs or dual carriageway to deal with. Not 45BHP - that's the 500s and at the crank, too. 35BHP@8100 - you probably weren't revving it enough. Probably about 20+ at the wheel, so about the same as a good MZ. 8-)

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/1...ch/smtwtech.htm

Guest Nogbad

Cute commuter as long as you don't have any traffic-light GPs or dual carriageway to deal with. Not 45BHP - that's the 500s and at the crank, too. 35BHP@8100 - you probably weren't revving it enough. Probably about 20+ at the wheel, so about the same as a good MZ. 8-)

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/1...ch/smtwtech.htm

That would explain why it didn't feel any faster than the (good but tatty) tuned MZ I was riding at the time. I wanted the brakes though!