Slightly used Nero

rcono

I think he's getting a little goofy from the excitement. So let's give him a second chance.

Cheers :drink::drink:

'Price' is an economic conundrum. If you count my wife's kitchen remodel (tit for tat) my Sport cost $42,000.

Lucky for me she gets the 'tat.'

Boy, aren't we sensitive. I just purchased a V11 Nero Corsa, haven't gotten it yet, but have been lusting after this bike for more than two years. I should be getting it in approximately two weeks. In all fairness, I'm really looking forward to it. I can barely sleep. Now, knowing all the problems that my friend went through and reading all the problems that some of you have had with your V11 I figured you could take a joke. But nnnnnnnnooooooooooo............you want friggin' tarts. So for those of you that appreciated my joke... this site's for you.

For the rest of you doorknobs that didn't, you probably won't get this either. In either case wank off. Enjoy....

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/plab/showph...=all&page=1

I got the joke..

His sense of humor will come in handy...sounds like a bonafied Guzzista to me.

These things are quirky...mines been very reliable however.

A Nero would be worth putting up with alot...hopefully he's got one that was built

before lunch.

Good luck with the Nero... :mg:

Guest ratchethack

Boy, aren't we sensitive. I just purchased a V11 Nero Corsa, haven't gotten it yet, but have been lusting after this bike for more than two years. I should be getting it in approximately two weeks. In all fairness, I'm really looking forward to it. I can barely sleep. Now, knowing all the problems that my friend went through and reading all the problems that some of you have had with your V11 I figured you could take a joke. But nnnnnnnnooooooooooo............you want friggin' tarts. So for those of you that appreciated my joke... this site's for you.

For the rest of you doorknobs that didn't, you probably won't get this either. In either case wank off. Enjoy....

Welcome, Randy. I recall Mike's post re: reasons to dump the Guzzi in favor of the Bayerische Motorenwerke Schnitzelbank maschine. To each his own.....

Lest I've misread your first post, y'er light-handed sarcasm (much like my own, possibly -_- ) may belie some uncertainty about wot y'er gettin' y'erself into? :huh2:

Let me reassure you, if at all possible. The Guzzi is certainly NOT for everyone. But Mike's negative experiences IMHO were relatively low-level and minor by the standards of most of us on this forum.

Speaking only for myself now, I would not let any of this history detract from my inclination to own this machine. If y'er at all handy and/or experienced with maintaining moto's, you can very quickly get all of this low level "administrivia" behind you (I took care of most of it - make that all - pre-emptively), and IMHO you can happily own and ride y'er Guzzi long-term - I'm talking about into the hundreds of thou miles - with far less maintenance and certainly less COSTLY maintenance than any of the recent-issue German twins. I'll spare Mike the many extended stories of the BMW Guys I've been riding with in recent years -- and these guys are die-hard, "expert level" lifelong Beemerphiles........ :o:whistle:

I've owned a dozen motorcycles and currently have two. The Guzzi is by far and away the least expensive to own and operate of any I've owned. It's also the easiest to work on and keep reliable. The "trade-off" for many is being heads-up about what you're riding and being "attuned" to the condition of the machine. It isn't a trade-off for me. Pro-active maintenance is a pleasure for me with the Guzzi. It rewards a deeper level of involvement, and rewards it very handsomely, IMHO.

Among my many reasons for selecting my Guzzi was the objective of maximum uptime. Since I took delivery, it's only been off the road for 2 days (30K miles to date). That was when I took the trans out for the recall and put it back in afterward. It's never let me down on the road for any reason -- not even a flat (knock on wood).

May you enjoy yours at least half as much as I do. You'll never let 'er go..... :thumbsup:

Much better than the original attempt at humour; like I said - welcome!

ah, we're all just a little burnt out from the summer heat and fixin stuff, There is only one true wanka on this board and he comes and goes like el nino, some call him batsinthebelfry, some call him BFG, but there is no one like belfastguzzi.

Rcono,

I got it the first time, and took it as a form of the well known Mastercard jokes (dress $150, tequila 80$, lying asleep on a crossroad with your pants down PRICELESS).

If admit, the Guzzi experience for me so far really is priceless, big bangs for a reasonable buck.

Enjoy this forum, it also is priceless (although you might want to help Jaap/Paul with donating a few bucks for the hosting and maintenance)

KiloSjon

... In either case wank off....

.......sounds like a bonafied Guzzista to me.....

Bonafied or not I think the fellow sounds rather uncouth.

....Let me reassure you - Mike's negative experiences IMHO were relatively low-level and minor by the standards of most of us on this forum....

I'm sure he will find that most reassuring.

KB :sun:

BTW picked up the R1200S this morning and just came back from putting 200 mi on it. I love it, although I can't wait to get this break-in period over. First impressions, YES I miss that big lug of a loveable tractor engine on NOS. I miss the noise of those Ti pipes. However, this BMW is amazing. Handles I believe even better than the Ohlin's graced NERO, and the 25 extra RWHP and less weight it feels even more powerful and nimble. If folks are interested I'll post some PICS.

Cheers :drink::drink:

Can't understand the BMW handling better than the Nero! You must not have set those ohlins up right because the R1200S I rode (an ohlins equipped model) didn't handle nearly as well as my Rosso. Some of the sales guys at the dealership also confessed under their breath they to were disappointed, and btw if anything is a tractor the BMW is not the Guzzi. I understand the old time Guzzis with this label but these newer models ...no way! That 1200S makes torquey low end power well below the Guzzi somewhere around 2000rpm while the goose starts to come alive at 4-5000rpm, thats no tractor! So if the Guzzi is a tractor what is a Harley?

waspp

Ahhh, this is going to be fun!

Can't understand the BMW handling better than the Nero! You must not have set those ohlins up right because the R1200S I rode (an ohlins equipped model) didn't handle nearly as well as my Rosso. Some of the sales guys at the dealership also confessed under their breath they to were disappointed, and btw if anything is a tractor the BMW is not the Guzzi. I understand the old time Guzzis with this label but these newer models ...no way! That 1200S makes torquey low end power well below the Guzzi somewhere around 2000rpm while the goose starts to come alive at 4-5000rpm, thats no tractor! So if the Guzzi is a tractor what is a Harley?

waspp

Believe it! The BMW front end is very confidence inspiring.

oh, I'm planning on going to a Steam Threshers reunion here in MN, its neat. I'm sure I'll see plenty of modern "threshers" on the way there. I always wondered why they called'em hogs until I saw the pigs that rid'em. :grin:

I shouldn't talk tho, I'll have a harley b4 too long.