Ballabio Turn Signals/Directionals

Bill Hagan

OK, I 'fess up. I am too dumb to use the search function to find what I thought was posted here somewhere, i.e., that when--hypothetically, of course :blush: --one walks into and breaks one of a Ballabio's turn signal stalks, how one can find the replacement at a Buell ... or was it Ducati dealer? Or did I make that up from whole cloth?

Thanks for the help. I just got depressed out in the GarageMahalo staring at the #$%^ dangling thing.

Bill

Buell sources both mirrors and turn signals from Italy that have application to the Guzzis. I can't tell you the appropriate part numbers for your bike, but perhaps the parts guy at the Harley shop can after looking at the fragmented remains of your part.

Wick

bill I can send you a new stalk. its off a 2000 V11 I have 1 spare for sure If I'm not mistaken 2, PM if youre interested. But are your lenses clear or amber? My spare is an Amber. I replaced both my front turn signals with buell's when it got knocked over and one of my lenses got smashed and a whole new buell turn signal was cheaper than a new bulb lense assembly from guzzi of coarse, stalk might still be good on that one you could just put your bulb assembly and lense in it and go. :luigi::huh2:

bill I can send you a new stalk. its off a 2000 V11 I have 1 spare for sure If I'm not mistaken 2, PM if youre interested. But are your lenses clear or amber? My spare is an Amber. I replaced both my front turn signals with buell's when it got knocked over and one of my lenses got smashed and a whole new buell turn signal was cheaper than a new bulb lense assembly from guzzi of coarse, stalk might still be good on that one you could just put your bulb assembly and lense in it and go. :luigi::huh2:

Well, thanks to you both, DBG & Wick.

Just rode over to the nearest Buell dealer.

Expected to be treated like someone with flatulence on an elevator, so I was a bit nervous when the parts guy quizzed me about which Buell I owned. I finally squeaked out that I owned a Guzzi. :mg:

No problem, and he remained helpful. Unfortunately, altho I brought my dead turn signal along, we couldn't find anything close.

The Buell t/s were sure priced right ($11.85), and were "smart," as the flexed instead of, as mine did, breaking on contact. They were, however, a bit bigger, mounted somewhat differently, and had very visible amber bulbs and lenses. I suppose I shouldn't get too hung up on cosmetics, but I wasn't sure enough they'd fit to buy two, even at that price.

So, I'll look some more, then, even tho the B'io's are different than yours, mebbe PM you, DBG. :bike:

Bill

If you need one of my stalks, don't worry I can cut you a deal like $11.85 less than the buell dealer, I'll submit the bill for shipping costs to the karma department for filing. :drink:

edit, went to look, I have 2 Buell and 2 Guzzi turn signals, whichever you want but I only have the amber lenses I remembered I just took the smoke lenses off 2 of'em and put those on the back turn signals until I get the LED's after I get pauls tailpeice next season. I was thinking it would be easier to order those whole turn signals (4) and replace them all with the rubbery buell type but then found out the rear signals are not nearly as easy to replace and just went for the lenses, One thing that can help is look and see if your turn signals are on extender stocks, take those off and thusly puts the signals in about 2" and makes them harder to run into or snap off. I think it looks cleaner too.

Guest ratchethack

FWIW, many models of Piaggio scooters use the same stalks and lenses. Find a Piaggio scooter dealer and y'er more'n likely to find 'em in stock relatively cheap compared to Guzzi. I think I paid about $11 USD for the whole schmere. :thumbsup:

Am I the only one here that thinks the stock stalks & blinkers do not flow with the bikes lines? I've recently replaced front & rear signals when I put in the fender eliminator kit & I love the smaller led blinkers. :2c: To each his own I suppose.

Hi Bill,

Sounds like you already got it taken care of. But, I'll post the Buell info here that I used for my Quota...very close to exact replacement: http://www.thisoldtractor.com/gtbender/quo...al_replacements

Thanks, Greg. Those are the ones the HD guy showed me. Hard to argue with $11.25, plus the flex, a real benefit in my tight garage.

I am still musing on the possibilities, and the probability I'll break one of the little #$%^ again. :homer:

Bill

FWIW, many models of Piaggio scooters use the same stalks and lenses. Find a Piaggio scooter dealer and y'er more'n likely to find 'em in stock relatively cheap compared to Guzzi. I think I paid about $11 USD for the whole schmere. :thumbsup:

Just went to the website. You are right, as the fronts on the Typhoon sure look my Bio's: http://www.piaggiousa.com/pscooters/typhoon.cfm#nowhere Hit the "enlarge" button.