Got a custom map for my Coppa Italia

polebridge

I took the advice of those on this board who said NOT to install the FBF high compression pistons (although I haven't completely ruled it out yet). Instead I made the following modifications to my 2004 Coppa Italia:

- MG Ti Slip-ons

- Stock ECU with Power Commander and a map I got from FBF in PA (not a custom)

- FBF X-Over

- FBF airbox replacement kit

I wasn't completely satisfied with the bikes fueling so I decided to kiss $250 USD goodbye and go for a custom Power Commander map. I had the FBF guys in PA do the work.

I just picked the bike up and, although I haven't ridden it yet, their Dynojet results show power and torque improvements throughout the range.

Max HP without custom map - 82.32

Max HP with custom map - 86.62

Max torque without custom map - 69.77

Max torque with custom map - 71.98

I think these numbers are pretty good. I'll see how I feel after I get a chance to ride.

It would be great if at the next big gathering of V11s we could get a mobile dyno and run each bike on the same dyno in order to get an idea of how each combination of modifications affects power and torque.

I could ask HTM to come along to the German V11 meeting next year with their dyno van if there is enough interest.

Guy :helmet:

Seems like a good way to spend $250 to me,Polebridge.. Been playing with one of the PC111 maps ( DGross) with my Coppa with some dismal results, not on a dyno, mind you, but the "seat of the pants " results( getting rid of hiccups on off/on throttle has been difficult.) Which brings up my question: are you using the stock ECU because theTitanio is not working for you?...I swapped back from theTitanio ECU to the stock one and the bike seems to run better at lower than 4 k RPM at throttle openings between 5 to 10% opening when all the pops ( misfires) seem to occur...Any thoughts or shared wisdom? Cheers

P.S. Polebridge..If you would be willing to share that map via e mail or what not, I would be willing to kick in some bucks to defray your cost.. (got the same bike and the exact same mods)... Dont have much in the way of reasonable(FBF pricing) dyno time around here so that would help a lot...Thanks

ECU that came w/ my Ti kit ran v lumpy. Seemed rich. Swapped between stock ECU & kit ECU - stock was smoother, but kit seemed fatter. Stuck w/kit ECU. Dyno tune made all the difference. It was really worth making the effort/expense. Even w/same kit, each bike is different. Make sure TPS, throttle balance, valves etc are all set correct before any dyno work/remap.

KB :sun:

I've heard it said that, as a rule of thumb, less than a 10% power change is not immediately noticeable by the average owner. That probably does not apply to someone who is, er, intimate with their machine or who is testing by other than "seat of the pants". It also applies across the rev range, so change of the curve shape is probably as important as peak numbers.

m

Seems like a good way to spend $250 to me,Polebridge.. Been playing with one of the PC111 maps ( DGross) with my Coppa with some dismal results, not on a dyno, mind you, but the "seat of the pants " results( getting rid of hiccups on off/on throttle has been difficult.) Which brings up my question: are you using the stock ECU because theTitanio is not working for you?...I swapped back from theTitanio ECU to the stock one and the bike seems to run better at lower than 4 k RPM at throttle openings between 5 to 10% opening when all the pops ( misfires) seem to occur...Any thoughts or shared wisdom? Cheers

P.S. Polebridge..If you would be willing to share that map via e mail or what not, I would be willing to kick in some bucks to defray your cost.. (got the same bike and the exact same mods)... Dont have much in the way of reasonable(FBF pricing) dyno time around here so that would help a lot...Thanks

I have an 02 LM with Ti exhaust/ECU and a custom map. I'd be happy to share it with anyone who wants a copy. Email or PM me if interested. Note I'll be off the web for a week starting this Saturday.

No problem. As soon as I get the opportunity to off-load the map to my PC I'll send you a copy.

OK...I got a chance to ride and I can I can say that the money was well spent. The bike just runs great. Great response everywhere. I am now certified hooked on the whole Moto Guzzi thing. This is a great bike.

While I was picking my V11 up from the dealers I checked out the new Breva 1100 and Griso on the floor. My next bike (and I have no intention of parting with the Coppa) is going to be one of these I believe. My problem is which one. I like them both but I think I am leaning towards the Griso.

Anyway, to all of you fence sitters our there (guys with power commanders that are thinking about a custom map), I suggest you get off the fence and get the custom map.

To Guzzista. I am sorry I haven't sent you the map yet. I intended to load it onto my PC this morning before I left for work and I forgot. I will try and get to it this weekend. I hope it has the same effect on your bike as it does on mine.

I need a custom map to get the full potential. I know, But the $400 tunning fee puts me off. and it runs well just a little rich down low and an occasional ping in the 4k range, rare tho. more rare than b4 I started all these mods so I'm not worried. but I know a custom would do even better. :luigi:

Thanks, Polebridge. As I also get close to the dyno tuning thing (usually in the$ 600/800 range in this neighborhood) trying your map first may convince me also, anyway, no worries and, thanks again!

Guest John T

Thanks, Polebridge. As I also get close to the dyno tuning thing (usually in the$ 600/800 range in this neighborhood) trying your map first may convince me also, anyway, no worries and, thanks again!

600-800 dollars for a map!!!!!! Are you kidding????

RUN!!!! You are getting ripped off to the max!

(Man I need to raise my prices)

You should pay from $200-$300 for a map and that is all.

Chumps!!!

600-800 dollars for a map!!!!!! Are you kidding????

RUN!!!! You are getting ripped off to the max!

(Man I need to raise my prices)

You should pay from $200-$300 for a map and that is all.

Chumps!!!

-----------------------------

John T

WWW.Dyno-Solutions.com

Nice to hear that, Mr. T! ;)

Anyway, is there any way you can make that link in your .sig clickable? Seems like that would be a sure way to drum up some biz, after a post like that! :thumbsup:

Yes, I really am that lazy[1] that I won't copy & paste it into the browser bar to go to your site...

:grin:

Ride on!

:mg:

[1] No, not really: but I'm very aware that some people are, so I just thought I'd drop the tip!