Q:Didn't ANYONE Miss Me?

joe camarda

By way of re-introduction I was a fairly active member (Member #25) up until about a year ago when I got this woody for a Multistrada. So I sold my V11 Sport, see here

http://www.v11lemans.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=314

and bought a MTS 620.

Well, while I was at Laguna Seca (Moto GP) I saw a red V11 LeMans on Cannery Row (I think it had WA, AZ or OR plates) and I complimented the rider...and I got to thinking (like skating on thin ice) about how much I miss my V11.

So I've posted in the classifieds, see here: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8583 to trade my MTS for a V11. I know I'll take flack and grief from a lot of you about why anyone would want to give up their Sport/Scura/Lemans for a Multistrada...but heck. I'm thick skinned...so have at it :moon: ................ :o .

The MTS is set up very nicely for one-up sport-touring and commuting, but as good as it is...and it is very good, it just isnt a V11.

So I'm kinda "testing the water" to see if I should sell, trade or keep.

BTW, the bike is a 2006 model, located in Modesto, California, USA. Title is clear.

Well, Joe.

Only you can tell how much each bike appeals to you.

My opinion for what it is worth, is that whilst Ducatis are cracking bikes to ride...I wouldn't want to own one.

Another negative of late is they have gone to really quirky styling, 'Classics' excepted. :grin:

I went away from Guzzi for about ten years, trying diferent bikes, but I came back to them, because of their basic robustness and they are like big boys meccano to work on! :luigi:

Nige. :thumbsup:

Well of course we missed you Joe...but hell man, we knew you'd be back. ;)

NOBODY quits Guzzi. :mg:

You were just "Doin' yer own thing in yer own time man."...my favorite "Easy Rider" quote.

Guest Nogbad

The OBVIOUS answer to your dilemma is simply to keep the MTS and get another V11....... Problem? What problem?

You were gone? :D

I have a friend who bought a Duc a couple years ago. After spending a LOT of money on a shoddy tune up he hauled it to FBF for a proper tune up and quickly sold it before he needed to throw any more money at it. He bought a Beemer 'Flying Couch' from his father who apparently wasn't large enough to comfrotably handle the behemoth.

MTS_with_DP_Fairing_004.jpgU guys are killin' me :D BTW Ralph, I'll need to repo' those wheels :rasta:

There is no problem with the Ducati either in terms of maintainance, service or anything. My dealer, Modesto Ducati treats me like royalty for a number of (undeserved) reasons and they are great in every way.

I've tried, hinted actually, to get them to take on MG but they would have none of it...

Here's a tease :bike:

Joe! It's touching that you would rejoin the ranks. I know where you might find a verrrry nice '03 Lemans all black. I'm pretty sure you can even count on a ride from Nashville airport.

Then again you may be able to find a traitor, er, I mean a trader here on the forum.

ROSSO_GOLD_2.JPGWelcome back Joe. Remember this swap?

Hey Ralph - I ended up with that red tail section. Some day, all guzzisti bikes will be wearing parts from everyone elses!

Guest dkgross

NOBODY quits Guzzi. :mg:

I keep thinking that whilst looking at my beautiful Moto Guzzi Jacket that still hangs next to the Vansons. Somedays I wear it anyway :)

Sold the FJR1300. Scared me too much. Riding a new Yamaha Stratoliner Midnight. Test rode a Griso, just couldn't fit on it. Breva 1100 is groovy as well.

There will probably be an old Police Bike in the garage at some point :)

Hope all of you are well! I'm still lurking.

Sometimes I think its time to send mine packing and get something new, but then if you look at the V11 in the right light its timeless, The lines that engine, If you look at a GSXR from 5 years ago it looks like a dinosaur, not the V11, (maybe because from 00-05 they were basically the same) but because of what it has and what it doesn't have, the fairing on the lemans is timeless as well, something that ppl will look back on and admire like MV agusta americas, Guzzi eldorados(good years you fill in the numbers) Norton commandos, I think the V11 is a new classic, soon to be worth just a little bit less than I paid for it. :huh2: well I can dream can't I? :ninja: