Went out for a ride

Baldini

Took a ride thru the mountains & over to the coast last evening - fine weather, no one about. Had a blast.

It's been mentioned here before the way the Guzzi seems to fit you're mood: if you're pissed off, not focused, rushing to be somewhere else or any way not tuned in the bike feels rough, noisy, ill-handling & flustered. But if you're right - the bike's feels right. Wind it up into a rhythmn & it's a gem. I had a great ride. The Scura is a cracking bike to ride fast on empty, winding roads...love the buzz from the brakes going into corners, planting it in a looong sweeping turn, right over on good, grippy Sport Attacks. Cleaned some of the crap out of the corners of my head.

Didn't get involved with anyone else on the road. Kept to myself & got back when I promised.

" Wouldn't it be great if it was like this all the time..."

KB :sun:

Wind it up into a rhythmn & it's a gem. .

So true. Seems easy to find that rhythm when the mood is right. I think it's that torquey motor that feels so "in the zone".

The only other bike that "fits" that way for me is my Commando. Like the Guzzi it has a satisfying low end punch & lovely exhaust note.

I was going to skip the ride today but was motivated by your post . . . I must've been in a pretty good mood 'cause the Sport was Oh-So-Sweet!

Thanks for the motivation! :race:

:stupid:

Like docc, I too was motivated by your post :sun: Lately I've been to preoccupied with getting prepared for WW111 :unsure:

Anyway I bought this bike yesterday because it gets fantastic mileage & I wanted to be ready for $6 a gallon gas :o . I spent the night cleaning it up & because your post was so inspiring, I'm off to the mailbox :bier:

I too went for a ride tonight & it was as good as it gets. The temperatures have cooled down to the upper 60's here in Ohio tonight & that engine was just made for cool evening rides. No pops, backfires, or anything else it has been doing in the extreme heat lately. :mg::bike::sun:

Richard, I'm from Lexington and have raced at Mid Ohio. Where are you?

Tex, that little HOnda step-through was the first motorcycle I ever rode. It IS the REASON I ride today - the impression it left on me at ten years old riding through the backyards on that thing as the sun set. Did it leave an impression? I can remember every moment of that ride. It was a revelation. I FELL IN LOVE WITH MOTORCYCLES BECAUSE OF THAT BIKE.

And, finally, Baldini, what a fine, poetic post of the JOY of Guzziology. Yes, it is about rhythm and torque and curves and happiness. I remember when we were down at Mt. St. Helens amidst the mountains and wild curves that a brand new V11 owner, Chris, told me how thrilled he was on the Guzzi. This was a guy who has owned everything. He just smiled from ear to ear and said, "I just don't have to change gears, this is fantastic!" Ah, he was smitten. What a fine collection of Lemans we had down there. What could be better? Even my dedicated RC51 does not provide the deep down soulful pleasure of the Guzz.

The Scura is a cracking bike to ride fast on empty, winding roads...love the buzz from the brakes going into corners, planting it in a looong sweeping turn, right over on good, grippy Sport Attacks.

The memory of following you through North Wales is still fresh in my head. Those fast, sweeping curves are custom made for v11s :thumbsup:

:stupid:

Like docc, I too was motivated by your post :sun: Lately I've been to preoccupied with getting prepared for WW111 :unsure:

Anyway I bought this bike yesterday because it gets fantastic mileage & I wanted to be ready for $6 a gallon gas :o . I spent the night cleaning it up & because your post was so inspiring, I'm off to the mailbox :bier:

if I'm reduced to riding a scooter, I'm riding this super scoot.

news_yamaha_aerox_replica.jpg

think this is what valentino rides to his mailbox? :lol:

Took a ride thru the mountains & over to the coast last evening - fine weather, no one about. Had a blast.

It's been mentioned here before the way the Guzzi seems to fit you're mood: if you're pissed off, not focused, rushing to be somewhere else or any way not tuned in the bike feels rough, noisy, ill-handling & flustered. But if you're right - the bike's feels right. Wind it up into a rhythmn & it's a gem. I had a great ride. The Scura is a cracking bike to ride fast on empty, winding roads...love the buzz from the brakes going into corners, planting it in a looong sweeping turn, right over on good, grippy Sport Attacks. Cleaned some of the crap out of the corners of my head.

Didn't get involved with anyone else on the road. Kept to myself & got back when I promised.

Well written, Baldini! None who rides one of these flawed, unfashionable and great bikes could say it better.