Moto Guzzi 1200S

Alex-Corsa

Just found in the Motosiclismo site About a nuova 1200S "naked" from Guzzi. I wonder , zat it ? :huh2: I mean the Griso supposed to be the naked version...lol.. :lol:

Give me a break , the lines are from Breva that ain't so spoty IMO :P:D

Now who knows Italian can further translate, :nerd:

And that's not PC pictures there are some real pics on the road with that bike.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crunched it through a web translator, crunched is the right term and 1200 norge motor with a bit more grunt and they are talk about naked muscle bike and aggression. Looks like a stripper Breva with a paint job which means its heavy and its go those handle bars and peg postion witch I'm not found of. Athough its intreing someone has put a paint job but the bike in the road photo's is matt black. It might be just a factory hack for road testing motor's gearboxes new mappings etc etc.

I hope that whatever new bikes are launched this autumn they are a bit more interesting than this thing.

If it is real, where does it fit in the range? Why this and not a Breva?

Gut feeling tells me there will be no real sports bike revealed, despite all the rumours.

There is a war going on at the moment between the 2 major European bike shows in Koln and Milan.

Ducati have apparently decided to launch their new models in Koln in October rather than waiting for the Milan show in November. I suspect any new Guzzi stuff wil be revealed at Milan.

Guy :helmet:

There is a war going on at the moment between the 2 major European bike shows in Koln and Milan.

Ducati have apparently decided to launch their new models in Koln in October rather than waiting for the Milan show in November. I suspect any new Guzzi stuff wil be revealed at Milan.

I thought that for just such reasons it had been settled long ago that the Cologne & Milan shows alternated years? What's up w/ that? Someone decide to break the truce, or do I just have it bass ackwards?

:wacko:

I thought that for just such reasons it had been settled long ago that the Cologne & Milan shows alternated years? What's up w/ that? Someone decide to break the truce, or do I just have it bass ackwards?

:wacko:

Not sure of the background but both shows are on this year!

Gentlemen, as I am italian, here my humble translation for your knowledge:

Here is the new aggressive maxi Naked from Mandello.

It has the Norge engone with more HP and a more sporty image.

The renovation of Moto Guzzi lineup is progressing very fast. In the fall the maxi Naked 1200S will arrive.

The ingredients to spark the interest of the "muscle bike" followers are all present: aggressive look with te small fairing, the new "2 in 1" exhaust and the passenger seat cover to transform the looks of the seat into a single-seater.

The braking system, from what can be seen from the pictures taken during the test, is equipped with "wave" front brakes. The fork is completely adjustable. The engine is the 1200 of the Norge GT bike, but more powerful.

Cheers,

Frio

with a better paint scheme I could ALMOST be convinced to turn mine in for one. But then I don't like the new engines as much as the old ones and the 4v is the prettiest I think. Maybe IW as dropped on my head but if I didn't already have a Goose I'd be on that 1200s like a fat kid on a cupcake :food: More power would be nice but I'm sure its not much over our V11's :huh2:

with a better paint scheme I could ALMOST be convinced to turn mine in for one. But then I don't like the new engines as much as the old ones and the 4v is the prettiest I think. Maybe IW as dropped on my head but if I didn't already have a Goose I'd be on that 1200s like a fat kid on a cupcake :food: More power would be nice but I'm sure its not much over our V11's :huh2:

The Norge engine is supposed to be capable of a fair amount more of reliable horsepower over the earlier V11's. According to an article in one of the bike rags, the oil pump capacity is triple what we have and the heads have additional oil passages to cool them allowing for more reliability at higher horsepower ratings. Mike Rich said in the past that the Guzzi engine was pretty much tapped out at around 100 HP because the heads couldn't handle the thermal load beyond that. With that solved by the new heads and pump and whatever else MG is putting in there, it is a reasonably safe bet that the engine is better than what we have. Even an old dog can learn new tricks I guess.

If BMW can squeeze 122hp out of their oilhead I would hope Guzzi could come close with the 1200. The new R1200S sounds like a pretty nice bike to me. "...might be the best geezer sportbike on the market" according to this article:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page...3621&Page=1

I sat on one at my local BMW/Ducati/Guzzi dealer recently and the riding position felt very close to my LM.