Moto Guzzi 1200S

Alex-Corsa

Interesting...that one's different from the rest. Check out the sportier rear wheel/tire and the left jug's valve cover...note how tall it is! Higher lift cam?? Pushrod FOUR valver??

Just a guess but I'd say the engines in the background are Heron headed 750s. A four valve sure would be nice but I don't think this is it.

Lex

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That bike has the same engine as the Norge. I have seen the pictures of the engine in recent MotorCyclist/CycleWorld mags, & that is the same engine. The deeper oilpan gives it away. Also get ready for a liquid cooled Guzzi in the future. There was an article about HD going to a l/c motor for the Sportster 1200 model. Its going to be too difficult to meet emissions & noise standards & meet hp demands from the consumer I guess. Personally I dont have a problem with l/c bikes but I know a LOT of the Guzzi crowd I've met thinks its a sacrilege. Oh well you gotta give a little to get a little I guess. In any case its not happening this year, maybe not even this decade the way Guzzi moves lol. Fwiw I really do like the looks of this new sporty version. I cant wait to see if they bumped up the hp a little. Is 90 rwhp from the crate to much to hope for?

those valve covers look the same as the 1200 Norge heads, that's all. Quit dreaming of the 4V, it will only lead to disappointment...

dk

Never compared the Norge motor to the other new Guzzis before, but yep, looks like you're right. Guess that bike's just a stripped Norge, eh? Twin Cam 4 valver would be a nice touch in the next line, though wouldn't it? Doesn't need to be liquid cooled or OHC even-- supercharged twin cam pushrod 4-valver with the right head design would be the cat's pajamas, imho. No need to make Guzzis into Ducs or Aprilias or even Beemers, just more Guzzi-like oomph would make my day. I'm even willing to sacrifice peak hp for more and flatter torque. twist and go i always say, especially in the canyons.

well, I don't know if they put it there to make us think , but this is from the assembly line. 1200sport looks planned.

Interesting, there's a Breva/Griso 1150 that's listed, that's shown with a different motor than the Breva or Griso 1100. Hmmmmm.

dk