chin fairing

scre103

does anyone have a stucci chin fairing that fits under the engine? i'm looking to add the final ----ya sure---- piece of carbon fiber to my rosso mandello. let me know about the installation, hardware kit, etc. i spotted the fairing on the cycle garden website under v11 parts. :D

Guest wanie

Try www.mgcycle.com, they sent me one that included all the hardware, including heat reflective tape. It was a snap to install and looks very cool. Don't forget their rear hugger fender, it looks way better than the original black plastic Guzzi part! :bier:

Don't forget their rear hugger fender, it looks way better than the original black plastic Guzzi part!

...does it? Someone on the Forum had asked about this rear fender quite a while back, and another owner had reported that they were disappointed in the fit/finish and general quality of the CF rear fender. Plus they said it didn't really follow the lines of the swing-arm, or something like that.

Anyway, any other opinions from those that actually have the unit?

I've never seen any good clear photos of the CF fender installed, so perhaps that might help those that are interested if someone could post a photo or two. It's pretty pricey, so I'm sure they'd like to get a better idea of how it looks installed :thumbsup:

But, I've said it before, and I'll say it again.... I think it's pretty funny that here we are with an OEM hugger, that the rest of the motorcycle world is always scrambling to try to make available as an aftermarket item, and we're taking them off! :lol: I think the OEM black-plastic unit is actually pretty nice :)

Could it be nicer? Sure... but it's not too bad B)

al

you are right goldmember, i was just looking at the fender on the wsite and then went to look at my bike and there are some fit issues. the oem covers quite a few areas that this carbon fiber fender dosn't. however i could always get the fender and put it on and if it dosn't pan out i'll return it. :bier:

Guest wanie

You're right, the Carbon piece is not F1 quality but with a bit of polish it looks okay. And no, it doesn't cover much of the swing arm but I took all the plastic off anyway to show more of the metal swing arm. I think it's just personal taste, I'm not a fan of plastic moto parts. Unfortunately my darn digital camera is toast so I can't post a pic yet, I'll have to scan a Polaroid :blink:

Guest wanie

scre103 : I wish I could afford more carbon too... I might go for the alternator cover myself, the paint is peeling on mine already! :angry: Oh well, like I need an excuse to get more carbon!

Guest Tenni#099

Hi,

You can buy the chin fairing at www.moto-spezial.de. They sell a carbon version or a painted one. I received mine last week and I only have to get it sprayed into Tenni green and I will fit it on. I attach a picture from a Japanese Tenni driver, who got it on his bike.

Bye, Gerco

post-5-1053634138_thumb.jpg