Sloppage sheets?

pete roper

Emailed you confirming 2 off requirement, Pete.

Have a small issue to sort out re. collection / postage as similar to our Irish brothers, I ain't on the same lump of land either! :rolleyes:;)

I would appreciate it if some kind soul would collect and post on or if mutually convenient hang on to them pending my visit to North Yorks in early November?

Nige. B)

If I manage to get down to Cambridge (possible) I am only 20 miles further up the road, unless by North Yorks you mean somewhere like Leeds........

Emailed you confirming 2 off requirement, Pete.

Have a small issue to sort out re. collection / postage as similar to our Irish brothers, I ain't on the same lump of land either! :rolleyes:;)

I would appreciate it if some kind soul would collect and post on or if mutually convenient hang on to them pending my visit to North Yorks in early November?

Nige. B)

I can collect and keep until you come to sunny Yorkshire if required

Dave

I can collect and keep until you come to sunny Yorkshire if required

Dave

That would be handy, Dave.

I will be staying in Knaresborough, so it would only be a short hop.

There are some cracking pubs in Knaresborough too, if you fancy a little trip on the train I will buy you a couple of pints of real ale in Blind Jack's if the idea appeals? :drink::bier:

Nige. B)

OK, I'm about to get the 1st order in for these sheets after 2 separate prototypes were constructed. The 1st one will be going into this Centauro that is currently making the workshop look untidy and the owner is then going to ride back to far north Queensland. If I've f*cked up? This will show it up. To be honest though I think this is very unlikely.

I'm about to depart, (Sept 6.) for the UK to visit my Mum. The first run of plates should be well and truly ready by then and so to save people the cost of postage could all people from the UK and Europe who want one please let me know. I'll try and get them in my luggage, seeing as I'm travelling Business class but have enough Frequent Flyer points to upgrade to 1st I'll probably be able to bring over at least a few of the wretched things without having to pay excess baggage :grin:

Cost? Well the design and CAD work, along with the two Protos haven't been cheap and if they are to be produced in stainless, in a batch of 50, I reckon that I'll have to charge $150AU. I won't give you a load of old flannel about why they are more expensive than the plates for earlier bikes but believe me the reasons are genuine.

Those of you in the UK and Europe, please respond with names, addresses, contact phone # etc. to me at

motomoda@optusnet.com.au

For people in the USA and elsewhere I'm afraid i probably WON'T have time to post stuff out before i leave for England but will do so after I get back at the end of September.

Pete

I'm interested in one as well, Pete.

Any idea what the shipping cost would be to Franklin, New Jersey, USA?

John

Hello Pete,

I'm interested (have a 2001 v11 sport), but can you -no doubt repeat - what the problem is, that you're trying to solve ? Does oil starvation happen with say just normal braking ? Or do you have to be going like crazy ? Have others had problems ? What does it cause ? I never heard of this on the Tonti-framed bikes.

Also, I've checked the sump bolts, none are seized, but do you think I might have problems getting the sump off, even with all bolts removed ? It took me hours and and a lot of sweat years ago on the old 850T3 ... (I never tried on the mk1 Le Mans I had after).

Another Pete

Hello Pete,

I'm interested (have a 2001 v11 sport), but can you -no doubt repeat - what the problem is, that you're trying to solve ? Does oil starvation happen with say just normal braking ? Or do you have to be going like crazy ? Have others had problems ? What does it cause ? I never heard of this on the Tonti-framed bikes.

Also, I've checked the sump bolts, none are seized, but do you think I might have problems getting the sump off, even with all bolts removed ? It took me hours and and a lot of sweat years ago on the old 850T3 ... (I never tried on the mk1 Le Mans I had after).

Another Pete

Hi Pete,

While waiting for Pete to respond, you might take a gander at this little diddy

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...&hl=windage

Pretty scary stuff...but as always YMMV.