New Breva for me

Guest Paul F.

Guest Paul F.

Didn't get a V11, but just piked up a Grey 06 Breva. I still can't believe it. Wow! Going to take some getting used to after an inline 4. Power is everywhere. Don't need to blip the throttle anymore with this beast I guesse. Hopefully I'll meet up with some of you folks in the future. Was planning on a W. Virginia trip next year.

Guest Paul F.

It seems a little HOT to me too. I can live with it, but is engine heat on Breva, on riders shins ,greater than V11 variants? I don't know. Just curious? It would seem that your ergo's would place legs further from pipes. Sorry, I'm a Guzzi newbie. I really love this MG Breva . Too much fun! This thing is affecting me, I just want to ride. I mean all the time, ya know. Now even. Bye.

I've ridden a few bikes, not as many as some on here but the heat on the legs, have you ever ridden a I4? they billow heat onto your shins, also the heat getting pushed off of normal vtwins seems to cook your calfs as well, Really the least heat I've seen has been on the goose, I bet BWM's don't get too much heat blast either.

I'm with Ben - heat on my legs has never been anything I have ever noticed on my V11. Can't say anything about the Breva though as I've never ridden one.

But... I think when he said the grey was hot, I don't think he meant the heat from da pipes... but I've been wrong before... quite regularly actually.

Rj

when he said the grey was hot, I don't think he meant the heat from da pipes...

'course he didn't. He meant it was stolen

Guest Paul F.

Hello Again, I did mean I felt a fair amount of heat on legs/shins on Breva. No big deal, my Connie was just as warm. Don't know why I even mentioned it really. The day I posted it was 90 degress here & perhaps I was cranky. I really don't belive heat is an issue here. I've always thought that riders that b*tch about heat are pertty silly anyway really. What do you expect when sitting on a 1100cc engine. I love this machine. It's HOT! :bike:

Hello Again, I did mean I felt a fair amount of heat on legs/shins on Breva....

Yeah, I was talking to a bloke here who was going to sell his on cos of the heat he was getting on one side onto his lower leg. Other than that he liked the bike. I only rode one a v short while so didn't notice anything, but it seems a real well sorted bike, especially the gbox & back end. Congratulations, I bet the heat issue can be sorted. KB :sun:

Yeah, I was talking to a bloke here who was going to sell his on cos of the heat he was getting on one side onto his lower leg. Other than that he liked the bike. I only rode one a v short while so didn't notice anything, but it seems a real well sorted bike, especially the gbox & back end. Congratulations, I bet the heat issue can be sorted. KB :sun:

Because of the way the exhaust comes into the catalytic converter right under your feet, and because the body work coupled with the alternator fan (alternator's now mid-engine & high), heat gets poured onto your crotch & lower legs. It's damn hot, I gotta say.

You might browse the forum here:

http://www.phpbbforfree.com/forums/mggriso.html