My V.11 never lets me down

Cheers Jim, but I guess that I was referring to the V.11 motor tax renewal reminder form that is sent out to me by the licencing agency. It's pretty handy and more or less ensures (not always, unfortunately) that I get my motor tax paid on time.

Licences can be renewed at any of the 8 Local Vehicle Licensing Offices throughout Northern Ireland or by posting direct to :

Vehicle Licensing Central Office?County Hall?Coleraine?BT51 3TA

They can also be renewed at selected Post Office® Branches in Northern Ireland, using the V11(NI) tax reminder notice and at some selected Post Office® Branches using a V10(NI) form.

You can tax your vehicle 15 days before the end of the month and up to 14 days after the beginning of the new month using your V11 (NI) reminder form.

It's pretty fair to say that it never lets me down, however, as I hinted above, sometimes I let it down.

our (sometimes delayed) V.11 payment?

Unfortunately delaying tactics are no good any more. If payments aren't continuous and if you haven't completed a SORN instead, then a high automatic fine will be imposed, even for a month's gap. It's still possible to drag-out MOT dates though. However, don't be a minute late for the actual MOT appointment or they'll not take you and you'll have to pay for another appointment and there's always a huge back-log. (BTW, for 'you', above, read 'one'.)

Can we discuss the other matter over a nice cup of tea sometime?

we have a saying here in the states, forgive me if I mess it up but if you have 3 dollars and you need 2 dollars for air, but you owe the goverment 2 dollars, well you better learn to hold your breath until you can find another dollar.

We forgive you

My V11 for the C*R arrived a couple of weeks ago. With the new computor held insurance and MoT data base I could renew it on line. I think not I'll pop down to the local sub post office that can now do VELs and pass the business their way. There's no incentive for doing it on line other than save a little bit of time. My most local post office closed about a year ago, there is another fairly local which is a bit more handy than heading into the town centres (Stevenage has an Old and New town - garden city post war expansion) Need to keep some services local.

My most local post office closed about a year ago, ... Need to keep some services local.

er, you could swap 'post office' for 'police station', over here anyway

PS, I suppose that I should admit now that I wasn't really referring to the vehicle tax renewal form

er, you could swap 'post office' for 'police station', over here anyway

PS, I suppose that I should admit now that I wasn't really referring to the vehicle tax renewal form

I was centralised three years ago, to coincide with an intergrated radio/telephone system that still doesn't work properly so whilst we're using the radio we've had to buy another telephone system in the meantime.

I knew but it was a good opportunity - shall we provide a glossary so that the foriegn Johnnies know what we're talking about.

VEL - Vehicle Excise Licence - Tax disc - £62 for 12months £34.10 for 6months (bikes greater than 600cc)

MoT- Ministry of Transport - refers to annual certificate of roadworthyness for vehicle from 3rd aniversary

Don't forget KB can do this in Welsh also (dual language on forms etc)

I was centralised three years ago,

I thought so. It was the way that you walked, though I wondered if it was something to do with the hours that you spend in the saddle.

NHS, or did you go private?

Did you resolve the binding sensation in your box then?

Erm..

...by not getting it too hot. It needs to be kept in a cool airflow.

Guest Nogbad

My V11 for the C*R arrived a couple of weeks ago. With the new computor held insurance and MoT data base I could renew it on line. I think not I'll pop down to the local sub post office that can now do VELs and pass the business their way. There's no incentive for doing it on line other than save a little bit of time. My most local post office closed about a year ago, there is another fairly local which is a bit more handy than heading into the town centres (Stevenage has an Old and New town - garden city post war expansion) Need to keep some services local.

Well I think the online MOT and insurance database and the ability to subsidise Gordon Brown via the internet is very convenient.