Saw a Norge on the road yesterday....

...around Consett, of all places, and on to the A68.

I was on my way to a survey and saw it in the rearview mirror. At first, I thought it was a UJM, because it had a fairing and two pipes going straight down. Then I felt that the pipes were a bit far apart for an across frame four, so that meant...

Pulled over slightly to let it past and off it went, disappointingly quietly. It seems a lot smaller than I thought it would be. A very unassuming-looking machine but it looks better in the flesh than on the screen.

m

• 5 weeks later...

I think you should see if you can get serge to sit on a bike, any bike. even for a second take a pic and submit it for BOTM. :lol: I'd vote for him.

better yet if you could find a sidecar.

I'm onto it: I have a good friend who owns a pre-war, Belgian Sarolea and Precision sidecar - let's see if he'll co-operate! Serge, I mean. It could take a while because he's not usually co-operative; he does like the camera, though, as you'll have noticed.

Only if he can cruise at the legal limit. With low emissions.

The emissions will be the problem.

I'm onto it: I have a good friend who owns a pre-war, Belgian Sarolea and Precision sidecar - let's see if he'll co-operate! Serge, I mean. It could take a while because he's not usually co-operative; he does like the camera, though, as you'll have noticed.

The emissions will be the problem.

I think the legally-required reflector attached to the rear end will be the problem.

...around Consett, of all places, and on to the A68.

I was on my way to a survey and saw it in the rearview mirror. At first, I thought it was a UJM, because it had a fairing and two pipes going straight down. Then I felt that the pipes were a bit far apart for an across frame four, so that meant...

Pulled over slightly to let it past and off it went, disappointingly quietly. It seems a lot smaller than I thought it would be. A very unassuming-looking machine but it looks better in the flesh than on the screen.

m

I notice that dealers are already advertising discounts on the Norge- you can now buy one for £500 more than a Breva 1100ABS.

Not exactly flying out of the showrooms like the Breva did when it was launched.

Guy :helmet:

• 2 weeks later...