So, Mods.

The big-wig Administrator mods are all from odd flat parts of middle Euope.

The Forum prefects are all from weirdy American places.

And: the *GLOBAL Moderator* is Bendy!

Can this state of affairs be a Good Thing?

It's time we had at least one moth as a moderator

but not this one

Transformers Beast Wars C-17 Big Moth (Transquito)

B000CQDM1G.01-A21YO9B036YH5Z._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

new world order.. :huh2:

These'uns look pretty good (helpful too) – and they're all AUSTRALIANS!

––>

"Our Moderator Team are here to help so should you have any problems &/or issues relating to the forum feel free to PM anytime. We don't always login as a Moderator so please also feel free to PM any of the following girls who are here to help & make everyone feel welcome.

The team of Moderators are:

Andiruth

Catherine

hi_andrea

Kittykat

Louise

meaganf

michie

pumpkin

rainey

Videoguy

The team of Moderators are all volunteers. They are either getting married or have been married and remained on the forum to assist Andrew - the owner of the forum.

If you have any major problems please PM the Moderator Team or Andrew (admin).

Last edited by Moderator Team on Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:00 pm; edited 3 times in total"

We could try for a transfer, or at least a secondment?

Sometimes, when I read your threads, I think you have bats in the Belfry.

I try to understand, then I realise you actually live inside a Salvador Dali painting.

Sometimes I think

that moderator bottom looks mighty tempting

DeBenGuzzi is so smart, I admire and look up to him, turns out those austrailians are just an unruly bunch

:lol:

HAWK MOTHS AND JIMSON WEED (DATURA)

Another fascinating aspect of the Grant's research concerns a rather unconventional type of floral reward for hawk moths visiting Datura blossoms. Several intoxicating alkaloids are known to occur in Datura, but heretofore have not been correlated with pollination. Apparently Datura nectar is "spiked" with alkaloids and the hawk moths seem to like it and come back for more. Sometimes they arrive early and hover around the flowers, impatiently waiting for the blossoms to "pop" open. Outside the windows at the WAYNE'S WORD® headquarters we have observed what appear to be intoxicated moths flying erratically around D. wrightii, clumsily landing on blossoms and crashing into leaves or falling upon the ground. With a flashlight their eyes glow bright red in the darkness.

snip

Although the potent alkaloids of Datura have produced untold suffering and psychedelic binges among people through countless generations, they may also be an ingenious strategy to insure repeat visits by long-tongued hawk moths through the medium of drug addiction. When the moths sober up they come straight back for more nectar. Only recently are scientists beginning to solve the mysteries of plant toxins and how they may serve as chemical defenses or attractants, rather than simply nonadaptive by-products of plant evolution.

http://waynesword.palomar.edu/ww0703.htm

manduca2.gif

DeBenGuzzi is so smart, I admire and look up to him

Who could have written have above words I wonder?

The Global Moderator has used his 'powers'.

:P

This thread belongs in the Moths (and bugs) forum. Could someone move it please?

Who could have written have above words I wonder?

The Global Moderator has used his 'powers'.

:P

This thread belongs in the Moths (and bugs) forum. Could someone move it please?

I have no idea what youre talking about :rolleyes:

and can someone please explain all this moth nonsense :huh2:

I have no idea what youre talking about :rolleyes:

and can someone please explain all this moth nonsense :huh2:

Ah De Ben; Why do you think I wanted this thread consigned to this forum. It's silly of course. It is indeed nonsense. There WAS another equally silly thread by BFG (God bless him) entitled "Moth of all V11 Forums" or some such. You could try searching for it, but I fear it was a victim of the recent cull of pointless megabytes. It is this earlier rambling to which he refers I fear.

Probably an hallucinogenic flashback :ninja:

Ah De Ben; Why do you think I wanted this thread consigned to this forum. It's silly of course. It is indeed nonsense. There WAS another equally silly thread by BFG (God bless him) entitled "Moth of all V11 Forums" or some such. You could try searching for it, but I fear it was a victim of the recent cull of pointless megabytes. It is this earlier rambling to which he refers I fear.

Probably an hallucinogenic flashback :ninja:

Nope it's still there in the Motha of all Forums section.

It's just a bit of harmless pun based fun. based on expresions used by our favorite disposed dictator. I'm now off to the fairy thread.